Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Ryanair
Reload this Page >

Ryanair customer service rocks (you idiots)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2012, 12:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF Silver

Wow, finally some truth from RyanAir management

http://business.time.com/2012/09/11/...ots/?hpt=hp_t3
Old Sep 14, 2012, 1:33 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
We've received some requests to move this to budget travel, but it's about Ryanair, so it will remain here.

Article title: That’s Some Quirky Marketing Strategy: CEO Calls His Customers ‘Idiots’ It goes on to explain why he feels his airline is perfectly justified to extract extra fees from those he calls idiots, those who lose boarding passes, etc.

(A brief summary when initiating a discussion based on an article is useful to members.)

Read more: http://business.time.com/2012/09/11/...#ixzz26TStDY9j

JDiver, Senior Moderator
Old Sep 17, 2012, 5:16 am

Programs: QF/DJ/SQ/EY
I tend to agree with him. Ryanair and similar budget airlines are probably not suited to "less aware" consumers. Those people are probably better off looking at other options unless they want to pay a premium for their lack of awareness.

It does mean that those customers end up subsidising the rest of us, which is welcome. These airlines have widely publicised policies which customers are expected to comply with. If you know the parameters and work within them you can get great value.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.