Wiki Posts
Search

Belavia

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2012, 1:29 pm

Programs: DL GM (2MM), Lifetime Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by bcmatt
I assume you meant MSQ, not Mastic Point in the Bahamas

B2 lost the other routes in the RF, but maintained parity with Russian airlines on MOW-MSQ (which they billed as a victory of course). But we'll wait to see how it all pans out (rumours of B2 privatisation of some sorts aka bought out by the Russians)
Argh. I've got a late July trip to MSQ from OVB I'd sure like know if it's ok to buy tickets for. Would love to stay on SU if possible.

Surprised anything diplomatic is being done during the May holidays.

Waiting for May 8 I guess.
Old Oct 1, 2012, 7:34 am

Programs: Flying Blue Gold
As another data point, I recently flew B2 from LGW to MSQ on one of their 737-500. Check in was quick and painless (only available at airport, not online). The leg room in Y was not the most generous ever, but the flight was not packed and pretty much everywhere had the middle seat free. Service was straightforward and efficient. Offered a basic hot meal (fish or chicken with rice) with some side salad (well, slices of cucumber) and a chocolate. Choices of soft drinks and tea or coffee. Did not ask about alcohol, so don't know if they were serving any. No entertainment apart from the inflight magazine. If you don't speak Russian, that won't last you long, as they only have a couple of English articles in the back! All in all nothing spectacular, but not a horror story either.
Old Aug 18, 2015, 3:12 am
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
We will be flying them soon (DME -MSQ and then to KGD) . Does anyone recall the carryon strictness (# of pieces and weight)? I will have my carry-on and a laptop bag.
Old Aug 21, 2015, 1:08 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by jason8612
We will be flying them soon (DME -MSQ and then to KGD) . Does anyone recall the carryon strictness (# of pieces and weight)? I will have my carry-on and a laptop bag.
Flew with them last winter on the DME-MSQ route.
Cabin baggage was not checked at all.
Old Aug 22, 2015, 12:51 am
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
Just took my flight from dme-msq. They did check the carry-ons but no issues with it being slightly overweight or with the bag also slightly overweight.
Old Aug 24, 2015, 11:35 pm
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
I flew HEL-MSQ last May. Nobody even looked at my carry-on (which was normal-sized).
Old Jan 1, 2018, 1:15 pm

Ditto on the cabin baggage. I flew with them LWO-MSQ and MSQ-IEV. No bags were checked.

They have great service, btw.
Old Jan 4, 2018, 1:44 pm

MSQ-IEV also. No one checked my cabin baggage. I also checked a bag without a problem.

Would fly again.
Old May 8, 2018, 8:21 am

Programs: AA EXP
Flew VNO-MSQ and MSQ-RIX last month on Belavia. They said that 8kg was the max weight for cabin bags, but they never weighed my bag. The flights were on CRJ100/200 planes, so the overhead bins aren't very large anyway.

The GAs do try to retain your BP and leave you a stub. So if you like to save your BPs, use a mobile BP and keep the paper one stored in your bag.
Old Dec 16, 2018, 12:12 pm

Programs: BAEC
Do they offer paid seat selection or is it just located at check in?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.