Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other European Airlines
Reload this Page >

Icelandair 767 [767-300ER] seat maps?

Old Jun 30, 2016, 9:59 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: UA1K_no_more
FI / Icelandair Boeing 767-319ER

Icelandair has two Boeing 767-300ER 262 passenger aircraft in service at this time, C 25, Y 237 with 2x GE CF6-80C2B6F engines as of June 2016, with two more due (MSN 26971 / LN 663 and MSN 28745 / CN 677) soon.

Boeing 767-319(ER)(WL) - MSN 30586 / LN 808 TF-ISO "Svörtuborgir" initiated service with Air New Zealand in August, 2000. Taken in by FI 06 Aug 2015, in service with Saudi Arabia, back to FI Nov 2015.

Boeing 767-319(ER)(WL) - MSN 29388 / LN 785 TF-ISO "Hlöđufell" initiated service with Air New Zealand in April, 2000. Began service with FI 5 Feb 2016.

(FI names all its aircraft after Icelandic volcanoes.)

Saga Class Aviointeriors Andromeda reclining seats are in a 2 - 1 - 2 configuration, 5 X 5 or 25 seats, 40" seat pitch with foot bars.

Economy Comfort is 2 - 3 - 2, three rows, # 6, 7 and 8, 33" pitch. The middle seat is kept unoccupied in Economy Comfort.

Economy is 2 - 3 - 2, rows 19 and 20 being exit rows

CLink to FI 767-300 seat chart.

All seats have IFE via seatback mounted monitor, Zodiac’s on-demand wifi-supplied RAVE system. For connectivity, Global Eagle Entertainment’s Ku-band inflight WiFi is on offer.

Saga Class (seats similar to USA domestic 2 class F) include:
  • Saga Class check-in and lounge access
  • Luxurious business class seats
  • More legroom 40” / 101 cm
  • 4-abreast seating
  • Maximum of 22 seats per aircraft
  • In-flight entertainment system
  • Noise cancelling headphones
  • Universal electric outlet
  • Big and comfortable pillows and a duvet cover
  • Newspapers
  • Hot towels
  • All meals/beverages complimentary
  • Complimentary Wi-Fi access for two devices
On European routes
  • Delicious main course
On North American routes
  • Choice of 2 main courses
  • Pre-flight drink
  • Amenity kit
Economy Comfort Class includes:
  • Business check-in and lounge access
  • 2-3-2 abreast Economy seats with the middle seat blocked for your comfort
  • More legroom 33” / 84 cm
  • Complimentary headphones
  • Universal electric outlet
  • Blankets and pillows in every seat on North American routes and available on all other routes upon request
  • Complimentary meal on all routes
  • Complimentary beverages, excluding champagne
Economy Class offers:
  • 2-3-2 abreast seating
  • Good legroom 32” / 81 cm
  • Headphones for sale
  • Blankets and pillows in every seat on North American routes and available on all other routes upon request
  • Soft drinks, coffee and tea are complimentary
  • Wine, beer, champagne and spirits are for sale
  • A selection of light refreshments is for sale from the in-flight menu
Services for children
  • Children´s box with a meal
  • Children´s entertainment in the in-flight entertainment system
  • Pillow and a blanket
  • Headphones
  • Free postcards and your cabin crew will post for you from Iceland
Print Wikipost

Icelandair 767 [767-300ER] seat maps?

Old Sep 15, 2011, 12:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Double OWE (AA EXP, QF Plat), FI Gold
Question Icelandair 767 [767-300ER] seat maps?

I jumped on the bandwagon and booked myself on the inaugural DEN-KEF flight next May, but when it came to seat selection I discovered that neither seatguru nor seatexpert have maps for the FI 767 AC. I'm currently in Economy Comfort seat 9C for both legs. Does anyone have any thoughts?
Old Sep 15, 2011, 1:16 pm

Programs: UA:1K MM, AF:FB-Platinum; QR: PC Platinum, FI: Saga Gold
Originally Posted by zpaul
I jumped on the bandwagon and booked myself on the inaugural DEN-KEF flight next May, but when it came to seat selection I discovered that neither seatguru nor seatexpert have maps for the FI 767 AC. I'm currently in Economy Comfort seat 9C for both legs. Does anyone have any thoughts?
Icelandair does not operate any 767s. You're flight is on a 757. 9C is a good exit row seat.
Old Sep 15, 2011, 2:23 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Braniff
Icelandair does not operate any 767s. You're flight is on a 757. 9C is a good exit row seat.
Thanks! I thought it looks pretty good.

According to a colleague in Reykjavík, it is being published there that service will be 767 (initially). This surprised me, too, so I did some digging:

Icelandair incorporated one 767 aircraft into its fleet (previous owner TWA) which was used for SFO service beginning in May 2005. While the website shows an all 757 fleet, the 767 is available, though often leased out to other airlines via the Icelandair Group member Loftleidir (under which it is registered, thus not appearing as a direct asset of Icelandair).

Check out the Icelandair Group's fleet website: http://www.icelandairgroup.com/our-company/fleet/

Icelandair publishes that it operates a single-AC fleet, but according ti the Group they do pull the 767 into service from time to time.
Old Sep 15, 2011, 10:48 pm

Programs: AA-EXP (1.7MM), BA-Slvr, HH-Diamond
Good luck finding anything about FI's 767's. I tried looking in all the usual sources, but came up empty.
Old Sep 16, 2011, 2:18 am

Programs: AA-EXP (1.7MM), BA-Slvr, HH-Diamond
Exclamation

Originally Posted by zpaul
Icelandair incorporated one 767 aircraft into its fleet (previous owner TWA) which was used for SFO service beginning in May 2005. While the website shows an all 757 fleet, the 767 is available, though often leased out to other airlines via the Icelandair Group member Loftleidir (under which it is registered, thus not appearing as a direct asset of Icelandair).
Correct. The plane is flying with SBA Airlines currently with no livery.

Old Sep 16, 2011, 5:55 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ByrdluvsAWACO
Good luck finding anything about FI's 767's. I tried looking in all the usual sources, but came up empty.
Me, too. Looks like it will be a surprise!
Old Jun 30, 2016, 9:54 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Happy July 4 will see me in seat 2G on one of FI's "new" (only 16 years old) 767-319ERs LHR-KEF.Ive added information in the wikipost at the top of the page I shook out in my research online in preparation for my trip, and will amend as I observe our flight.

Last edited by JDiver; Jun 30, 2016 at 10:30 pm
Old Jun 30, 2016, 11:37 pm

Originally Posted by JDiver
Happy July 4 will see me in seat 2G on one of FI's "new" (only 16 years old) 767-319ERs LHR-KEF.Ive added information in the wikipost at the top of the page I shook out in my research online in preparation for my trip, and will amend as I observe our flight.
Thanks JDiver, we've been discussing the 767 schedule in this thread:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other...next-year.html

I recently flew the 767 in row 5 which is a Saga Class seat but Economy Comfort service. The FAs did give us a few touches of F service such as offering pre-departure glasses of Cava. I think this was because they had extras so I wouldn't expect it next time.

Since I knew going in that the seats were like a domestic US F seat, I was quite satisfied for a 6-hour flight. For an even shorter flight LHR-KEF the Saga seats would be quite an improvement over BA Club Europe which the other direct option on that route.
Old Jul 1, 2016, 10:17 am

Originally Posted by _kurt
Thanks JDiver, we've been discussing the 767 schedule in this thread:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other...next-year.html

I recently flew the 767 in row 5 which is a Saga Class seat but Economy Comfort service. The FAs did give us a few touches of F service such as offering pre-departure glasses of Cava. I think this was because they had extras so I wouldn't expect it next time.

Since I knew going in that the seats were like a domestic US F seat, I was quite satisfied for a 6-hour flight. For an even shorter flight LHR-KEF the Saga seats would be quite an improvement over BA Club Europe which the other direct option on that route.
Thanks for the link to that thread.

BA Club Europe on their Airbii is not even Economy + IMO. 30" seat pitch means, regardless of middle seat empty, the Euro Traveller exit rows offer the best seating. I'm happy with what FI will offer for what is essentially a mid-haul flight.
Old Jul 6, 2016, 2:54 pm

Our LHR-KEF flight was carried out by Boeing 767-319(ER)(WL) - MSN 30586 / LN 808 TF-ISO "Svörtuborgir", FY's first 767. We had seats 2D and G, which were of course recliners similar to US domestic two class First with a rear seat mounted IFE screen and a 5 VDC USB charging port. The IFE is operated with a seat side hand controller.

Lady JDiver's seat tray actually broke about a 190 degree angle in the hinged center, so it was tricky for the food tray (essentially a light lunch). The 2.5 hour flight was comfortable enough for that stage length.

Wines available included a sparkler, Mont Marçal Cava Reserva N/V; Domaine des Malandes Vieilles Vignes Tour du Roy Chardonnay, Willm Riesling Réserve Riesling from Alsace; Melini Pian del Masso Sangiovese from Tuscany, and a Imperial Reserva Tempranillo from Rioja.
Old Aug 4, 2016, 9:20 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LT Gold, Hilton Silver, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC, National EE
Y seat review

We recently completed a r/t on the new FI 767 in the back rows of Y.

http://icelandmonitor.mbl.is/news/na...ce_this_month/

While the interior is brand new, the overhead compartments are still small as on most 767s, so roll-aboards only fit sideways. In ORD they boarded back to front so we had all the overhead space we wanted. In KEF we never heard a boarding order; everyone was lined up when we got to the gate and we boarded last, but still found enough space for our stuff despite a full plane.

The seats were stiff but overall very comfortable over the whole trip, even though they lacked the footrest depicted on their website.

http://www.icelandair.us/information...economy-class/

They did seem to recline more than average, and the adjustable headrests' wings were stiff enough to lean against without flopping down. I did feel cramped at the window seat, especially due to the IFE box inside the seat support next to window, the same on both sides of the plane. The middle seats had a similar box inside the right support of C and big box on the bottom of D. Thus only aisle seats B, E and F don’t have the box.

The best seats seemed to be exit row 20 CDE seats, with extra leg room due to the path in front (no bulkhead). Row 19 exit seats were good but had less legroom than 20 CDE due to the lavatory wall. Row 6-8 are Economy Comfort; Row 6 Economy Comfort seats had decent leg room due to the bulkhead, but if there really is more legroom for rows 7 and 8 compared to Economy I didn’t see it. On the KEF-ORD flight rows 7-8 were offered as Economy, not EC so it appears FI is flexible on the configuration. I’d still take row 20 center or 19 side seats vs Row 7-8.
Old Aug 23, 2016, 10:01 am

Could you assist and tell me if rows 20AB and 20FG are exit rows? We are traveling with kids next year on the 76W. We currently have seats in 19AB and 20AB (adults in front, kids in back). However, the kids can't sit in exit rows and they're too young to just shove way back in the plane... The choose-your-seat map just shows exit row in 19, but the Icelandair fleet diagram shows exit rows in 19 and 20.

Thanks!

Originally Posted by megalab
We recently completed a r/t on the new FI 767 in the back rows of Y.

http://icelandmonitor.mbl.is/news/na...ce_this_month/

While the interior is brand new, the overhead compartments are still small as on most 767s, so roll-aboards only fit sideways. In ORD they boarded back to front so we had all the overhead space we wanted. In KEF we never heard a boarding order; everyone was lined up when we got to the gate and we boarded last, but still found enough space for our stuff despite a full plane.

The seats were stiff but overall very comfortable over the whole trip, even though they lacked the footrest depicted on their website.

http://www.icelandair.us/information...economy-class/

They did seem to recline more than average, and the adjustable headrests' wings were stiff enough to lean against without flopping down. I did feel cramped at the window seat, especially due to the IFE box inside the seat support next to window, the same on both sides of the plane. The middle seats had a similar box inside the right support of C and big box on the bottom of D. Thus only aisle seats B, E and F don’t have the box.

The best seats seemed to be exit row 20 CDE seats, with extra leg room due to the path in front (no bulkhead). Row 19 exit seats were good but had less legroom than 20 CDE due to the lavatory wall. Row 6-8 are Economy Comfort; Row 6 Economy Comfort seats had decent leg room due to the bulkhead, but if there really is more legroom for rows 7 and 8 compared to Economy I didn’t see it. On the KEF-ORD flight rows 7-8 were offered as Economy, not EC so it appears FI is flexible on the configuration. I’d still take row 20 center or 19 side seats vs Row 7-8.
Old Aug 23, 2016, 2:31 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LT Gold, Hilton Silver, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC, National EE
Originally Posted by mylegs
Could you assist and tell me if rows 20AB and 20FG are exit rows? We are traveling with kids next year on the 76W. We currently have seats in 19AB and 20AB (adults in front, kids in back). However, the kids can't sit in exit rows and they're too young to just shove way back in the plane... The choose-your-seat map just shows exit row in 19, but the Icelandair fleet diagram shows exit rows in 19 and 20...
I believe 20AB&FG are exit rows because there is a second over wing door. I also recall kids sitting in 19FG on our flight home so maybe FI has different rules about who can sit there. Try calling them to confirm.
Old Nov 13, 2016, 2:04 pm

Icelandair Seating on 767-300s

I'm confused by the seating charts for the 767-300ER (AF76) planes used for trips from Reykjavik to European and U.S. cities. Seat Guru indicates that row 20 is a good row as it provides more legroom than others. However, in choosing my seats on Icelandair's diagrams, I just don't see it.

Are the seats in row 20 any different from the ones in, say, 21 or 22? Are people assigned to row 20 involved in helping get the exit doors open? Can anyone (handicapped or not) sit in that row? When I look at SeatGuru's diagram it looks like there are two arrows on each side indicating exits, with row 19 having seats on the side in between the two arrows. What does that mean?

Can anyone clarify what Icelandair's 767-300ER (76W) planes are like? I am looking to find an aisle seat with the most legroom as possible for my husband, plus another seat nearby for me.
Old Nov 16, 2016, 3:41 pm

Originally Posted by roothy123
I'm confused by the seating charts for the 767-300ER (AF76) planes used for trips from Reykjavik to European and U.S. cities. Seat Guru indicates that row 20 is a good row as it provides more legroom than others...

Are the seats in row 20 any different from the ones in, say, 21 or 22? Are people assigned to row 20 involved in helping get the exit doors open? Can anyone (handicapped or not) sit in that row? When I look at SeatGuru's diagram it looks like there are two arrows on each side indicating exits, with row 19 having seats on the side in between the two arrows. What does that mean?

Can anyone clarify what Icelandair's 767-300ER (76W) planes are like? I am looking to find an aisle seat with the most legroom as possible for my husband, plus another seat nearby for me.
We flew this plane ORD-KEF r/t is past summer. The row 20 middle seats (CDE) are "exit row" in that they have a walkway between them and row 19 that allows people to line up to get out of the over wing exit doors (no bulkhead). You're not near those doors so I don't think you'd be expected to help open them. I don't know what the rules are regarding handicapped seating, but if that is not an issue your husband could sit in C or E and you could sit in D. Row 19/20 AB/EF I'd expect have typical exit row seat rules (and have less leg room than 20 CDE). Rows 19, 21, 22, etc do not have any extra space. Hope this helps.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.