Community
Wiki Posts
Search

S7 - Code Share bait and switch?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2011, 4:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat; HH Diamond; IHG Plat; SPG Plat;Hertz Pres Circle; Jelly of the Month Club - Marmalade Level
S7 - Code Share bait and switch?

I needed to get from Moscow to Vienna last week. I found something that worked on S7, a OneWorld carrier, flying out of DME to VIE. Great - I can get AA points, use the S7 lounge...SOLD!

On arrival, no way to check in at S7, because they had it code-shared out to Nikki. Nikki can't check me in, because I have no ticket from S7. I had a reservation code, but S7 was having trouble locating the ticket number. And the S7 rep really wanted me to be Nikki's problem, but I wouldn't leave.

Finally, a supervisor noticed my AA Plat card and almost ran over, saying "One Vorld! One Vorld! She was quite helpful, and with a mix of Russian, German, English, we worked out the ticket issue.

The codeshared Nikki flight received checkin services from Air Berlin. Who made it very clear that they didn't give two hoots or 3 kopecks for anybody being OneWorld anything.

At the S7 Lounge, it was made clear that I wou

Last edited by OrvilleWright; Jun 29, 2011 at 4:31 am
Old Jul 1, 2011, 5:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
At least the S7 website clearly says :

"*Operated by NIKI LUFTFAHRT"

so I don't see where "bait and switch" comes into the picture.
Old Jul 1, 2011, 9:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat; HH Diamond; IHG Plat; SPG Plat;Hertz Pres Circle; Jelly of the Month Club - Marmalade Level
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
At least the S7 website clearly says :

"*Operated by NIKI LUFTFAHRT"

so I don't see where "bait and switch" comes into the picture.
Nice to know in future. But I bought the ticket on the AA site and it wasn't mentioned.
Old Jul 1, 2011, 10:35 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Always BEWARE CODESHARES!
Old Jul 1, 2011, 8:25 pm

Programs: CX SL, AB Gold, AF/KL FB Silver, HU/HX Silver, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by OrvilleWright
Finally, a supervisor noticed my AA Plat card and almost ran over, saying "One Vorld! One Vorld! She was quite helpful, and with a mix of Russian, German, English, we worked out the ticket issue.
Old Jul 2, 2011, 3:28 am

Programs: BA Gold, A3 Gold, BD..oh, wait..
Originally Posted by OrvilleWright
Nice to know in future. But I bought the ticket on the AA site and it wasn't mentioned.
AA.com? If shows S7 xxxx operated by Malev, Iberia, Air Berlin etc on the flight selection pages

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.