Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > TAP Air Portugal | Miles&Go
Reload this Page >

TAP A340 and PGA E145 in C: seat assignment and seating questions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2010, 10:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I wondered whether FTers could help me with any of these:

1) How far in advance can you get seat assignments on TAP long-haul C and Portugalia (PGA) intra-European C, if at all?

2) With the A340, is there anything to choose among the seats or is it all the more or less the same (2 pax traveling together)?

3) I could not find a seatmap for PGA's E145 anywhere. What's the configuration in C and, again, is there anything to choose among the seats available?
Old Mar 6, 2010, 4:45 pm
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
I have never flown with TAP.

But on PGA the config is the same throughout the aircraft: 1 plus 2 (doing quite a few runs between MAD and OPO, I have never seen anyone in C, I am serious).
Old Mar 6, 2010, 6:52 pm
tff

Programs: FB LTPE, TP Gold, All Gold
Call TP's call centre and once you have your ticket issued you can request seat assignments (at least that has been my experience).

As for the A340 seating, it's more or less the same.

Enjoy your flights!
Old Mar 7, 2010, 3:21 am

I have always been able to choose my seat on TAP long haul, but I don't know if being *G has anything to do with it.

I change them through the LH Miles & More website or the LH call centre. (I use TAP mainly on a return flight on LH tickets.) But I guess that if LH can assign seats on a TAP flight, the TAP call centre should have no problem doing this.

There is only one C cabin on the A340 (6 rows), I personally avoid rows 1 (I have the impression the TV screen is further away) and 6 (noise).
Old Mar 7, 2010, 12:10 pm
tff

Originally Posted by Koby
I have always been able to choose my seat on TAP long haul, but I don't know if being *G has anything to do with it.

I change them through the LH Miles & More website or the LH call centre. (I use TAP mainly on a return flight on LH tickets.) But I guess that if LH can assign seats on a TAP flight, the TAP call centre should have no problem doing this.
All pax can choose their seats when they buy their tickets as long as they aren't flying with a deeply discounted Y fare (the tap|discount product). With TP tix, there is really no other way of doing it apart from calling TP's call centre...
Old Dec 30, 2014, 3:27 am
Community Director Emerita

In the almost 5 years since the last post, has there been a way developed to choose seats for long haul business class on TAP?
Old Dec 30, 2014, 7:07 am
tff

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
In the almost 5 years since the last post, has there been a way developed to choose seats for long haul business class on TAP?
The only ways are to have a TA do it or phone the call centre.
Old Dec 30, 2014, 8:18 am
Community Director Emerita

Thanks, tff, appreciate the info.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.