Search

BMW X5 or Audi A6?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2006, 8:59 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: SQ, UA, BD
BMW X5 or Audi A6?

My angel at the car rental station spoke with me today and said that she will keep the keys for me for either an Audi A6 3.0 TDi Quattro Avant or a BMW X5 3.0 TDi. Both are fully equipped and nice vehicles.

However, which one would you choose? I chose the X5 and I am having second thoughts - especially considering the cost of fuel! Consumption for the A6 is a lot less...

So which one would you recommend?
Old Nov 16, 2006, 1:59 pm

Originally Posted by attention deficit
My angel at the car rental station spoke with me today and said that she will keep the keys for me for either an Audi A6 3.0 TDi Quattro Avant or a BMW X5 3.0 TDi. Both are fully equipped and nice vehicles.

However, which one would you choose? I chose the X5 and I am having second thoughts - especially considering the cost of fuel! Consumption for the A6 is a lot less...

So which one would you recommend?
come on, that depends what you wanna do/where to go...

if I plan a trip to the alps, I take the X5 for sure. but if you go "bleifuss" on german highways I would prefer the A6. Check if they have winter tires!
Old Dec 28, 2006, 5:01 pm

Programs: Sixt Platinum, Avis Preferred Plus, Hertz President's Circle, Hilton Diamond
The 3.0 TDi in the BMW 730d from Sixt had great gas mileage so I would suppose it's a bit less in the X5 mostly due to aerodynamics and I think the 730d weighs more than the X5.
Old Jan 20, 2007, 11:51 am

Programs: QR Silver, A3 Silver, (former: AB Platinum)
Forget the X5.

The gas mileage is really bad in comaprison to the A6 3.0 TDI. Concerning the top speed the A6 3.0 TDI is also faster than the X5.

Audi invented the 4-wheels-drive. So you can be sure that it is an adequate car for the alps as well.

Btw where do you rent the car (company?)? SIXT, EUROPCAR, HERTZ, ...?
Old Jan 20, 2007, 3:00 pm

Programs: LH M/M now,BA Silver,SPG PLAT, Sixt Plat/Europcar Elite VIP
europcar and sixt offer both cars at LDWR,LDAR level but i see you have a sixt plat and europcar vip, so you should get a good rate if you reserve 3 days in advance and you won't have a problem at airports

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.