What are full size cars at Alamo OGG?

Old Aug 19, 2004, 6:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1P; SPG Plat;
What are full size cars at Alamo OGG?

I'm picking up a full size car at Maui (OGG) next week. The website says Chevy Impala or similar. Just wondering if anyone knows what are in the full size "fleet" at the OGG airport. Got a great rate of $149.00/ week, btw.
Old Aug 21, 2004, 5:26 pm

Programs: AA,UA,NW,CO,AQ,HA
RE: Rentals on OGG

Originally Posted by clover
I'm picking up a full size car at Maui (OGG) next week. The website says Chevy Impala or similar. Just wondering if anyone knows what are in the full size "fleet" at the OGG airport. Got a great rate of $149.00/ week, btw.
A "full size" car is usually a Buick Century or possibly a Dodge or Chrysler. A "mid-size" car are the Pontiacs, and bigger Chevy's. Look at the Alamo site to see if you can get an "Up-grade" coupon for a premium car! Have fun on Maui!
Old Aug 21, 2004, 9:36 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob (Barely); Marriott Plat Life; AA Up and Down Now Plat; Hilton, UA, BA, HA Peasant
The Roads are Narrow. Aloha!

And so are the parking places at tourist sites. A big car is not necessarily a good thing in Hawaii. Usually not a good thing. The hilarious thing is seeing the high roller who shelled out for the Dodge Viper to impress the girl he brought along stuck in traffic on the Road to Hana where he can't get it out of second gear.
Old Aug 23, 2004, 9:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

A big car is not necessarily a good thing in Hawaii. Usually not a good thing.
Couldn't agree more. Some places you can't even get into with a large car.

That's why when we arrived here on Maui on Saturday, we selected the Chrysler PT Cruiser convertible over the standard Chrysler Sebring convertible that is their mainstay convertible here. The PT has a lower profile (and is more fun to drive!)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.