Enterprise: Late Pickup Policies?

Old Nov 28, 2014, 12:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, Bonvoy Ambassador, HH Diamond,
Enterprise: Late Pickup Policies?

I apologize if this has been addressed elsewhere.

We booked a family trip to BOS a couple of months ago on United arriving at 7:30 p.m. on 12/24. I booked a car rental with Enterprise for our trip indicating that arrival time.

United has now changed our flights and we won't be arriving BOS until 10:30 p.m. on the 24th.

When I went online to modify the pickup time on our reservation, Enterprise wanted to charge $200 more for the rental. I backed out of the reservation change and left it as-is.

When I called Enterprise I can't get through to the local BOS office and the call center says they're very hard to get ahold of, but that's who I need to speak with.

I don't want to pay $200 more to pick the car up 3 hours later than originally planned, but I even moreso do not want to be car-less at 10:30 p.m. on Christmas Eve!

Does anyone know the policy with Enterprise on this? Obviously they have people arrive late on flights all the time, but I imagine this is a busy travel day and I'm not sure if they'd use the later arrival as an excuse to offer the vehicle to someone else?

I spent some time on their site and their FAQ says they try to hold the car to the next business day, but the language was pretty loose.

Am I fretting for nothing? Any other suggestions?

Thanks!
Old Nov 28, 2014, 6:11 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I'd keep trying to get a hold of them but if you can't, you can always call day of and say your flight got delayed and you'll now be arriving at 10:30 PM. Christmas Eve is not a time they are prone to run out of cars either so you should be okay. Hope it works out!
Old Nov 30, 2014, 11:42 am

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
Based on personal experience, it depends on how flexible the branch is. It might be the best to contact BOS branch (call the number and hit 4 I believe) to get an agent.

Or email [email protected] - they might be able to help you resolve the issue.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.