Search

Help with Alamo reservation

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2013, 5:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: HH Silver
Help with Alamo reservation

Advise please.

I have a reservation with Alamo, in which my FF number did not make it into the reservation. I did not notice that until after I did the online check in. I was not able to alter my reservation after that, so I called and asked that it be added. The CSR told me that the price had gone up, but that they would honor the original price plus the $4.50 FF charge. I now notice that there is a NEW reservation number on my account with an amount that is $40 higher than the original. My original reservation still pulls up, with the bypass ticket, so I have 2 valid reservations I guess.....

What would you do? Call and make them fix it? Show up with the original reservation and fight to get the points later? I really do not want to be stuck in line when I get there.
Old Apr 25, 2013, 10:24 am

Originally Posted by tatterdema
Advise please.

I have a reservation with Alamo, in which my FF number did not make it into the reservation. I did not notice that until after I did the online check in. I was not able to alter my reservation after that, so I called and asked that it be added. The CSR told me that the price had gone up, but that they would honor the original price plus the $4.50 FF charge. I now notice that there is a NEW reservation number on my account with an amount that is $40 higher than the original. My original reservation still pulls up, with the bypass ticket, so I have 2 valid reservations I guess.....

What would you do? Call and make them fix it? Show up with the original reservation and fight to get the points later? I really do not want to be stuck in line when I get there.
You answered your own question. Call them -- or maybe, since it would give you a "paper proof" -- email them about the issue.

Or, go as I do, "the points don't matter."
Old Apr 25, 2013, 1:42 pm
Original Poster

Aaargh. Looking at it now, they have cancelled the old reservation. I called, and they guarantee me that they will honor the pricing on the old reservation, but cannot email me anything. Because it is showing a pricing error, they said I will also need to go to the counter when I get there. Oh well, start of a vacation, and I am not going to let it bother me.

It is 2400 RR points, so it is (to me anyway) a pretty significant amount of points. If it was just 600, I would probably not have bothered. I will update when I return.
Old Apr 26, 2013, 5:52 am
Original Poster

Just as a follow up. After double checking, I noticed that they replaced my Chase triple points contract code, with an Alamo Insiders contract code. I called them AGAIN to get the Chase code put back on the reservation, at which point they told me that this would invalidate the original rate because I was making "changes" to the reservation.

I cancelled it and just made a new reservation. I had to settle for a smaller car, but was able to get it for the same price.

Their customer service really sucks, and their website is even worse.
Old Apr 26, 2013, 6:47 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
OP didn't follow the CSRs advice, namely to stop calling and take care of this at the counter, where it would all be taken care of. We don't know that it would have been, but at least OP could have given himself a fighting chance.

I'm no Alamo fan, but to be fair on this one, when you call, get advice that fixes the problem, and then don't follow it and things get worse, saying that the CS "su**s" is kinda not correct.
Old Apr 26, 2013, 6:53 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Often1
OP didn't follow the CSRs advice, namely to stop calling and take care of this at the counter, where it would all be taken care of. We don't know that it would have been, but at least OP could have given himself a fighting chance.

I'm no Alamo fan, but to be fair on this one, when you call, get advice that fixes the problem, and then don't follow it and things get worse, saying that the CS "su**s" is kinda not correct.
And where did I say that they told me to quit calling? At no point did they ever even mention it.... Had it NOT been taken care of at the counter, then I would have been stuck (which has happened to me before at Alamo). I prefer not to fly by the seat of my pants that way. And obviously the advice did not fix the problem, or I would not have called back, or posted here.

BUT to be fair, had I been careful and entered my RR # before checking in, I would not have had an issue. Lesson learned.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.