FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Other Car Rental Programs (ie. Alamo, Enterprise) (closed to posting) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other-car-rental-programs-ie-alamo-enterprise-closed-posting-595/)
-   -   Couple questions about Enterprise (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other-car-rental-programs-ie-alamo-enterprise-closed-posting/1355697-couple-questions-about-enterprise.html)

cludden Jun 11, 2012 7:19 pm

Couple questions about Enterprise

Hi There, rather new member to the program.

My questions are.

1) About how long after returning a car does it take for the points to appear?
2) How many points does it take for a free rental?
3) Like with many airlines, when it comes to award tickets, there is a LOW, MEDIUM, AND HIGH reward level, does the same apply for enterprise?
4) When using reward points, is there any fee that we pay?

Thanks!

fairviewroad Jun 12, 2012 10:16 am

Originally Posted by cludden (Post 18739662)
Hi There, rather new member to the program.

My questions are.

1) About how long after returning a car does it take for the points to appear?
2) How many points does it take for a free rental?
3) Like with many airlines, when it comes to award tickets, there is a LOW, MEDIUM, AND HIGH reward level, does the same apply for enterprise?
4) When using reward points, is there any fee that we pay?

Thanks!

1. In my experience, points post within 5 days of returning the car.

2. Enterprise says free days start at 400 points. You have to assume this is for an economy-class car.

3. There are no tiers mentioned. However, the number of points needed correlates to the class of car you want. IE a premium car will take a lot more points than an economy car. But it's not clear if ALL economy cars are 400 points, or just ones that are located in Fargo on a Tuesday in January. The program is too new...we haven't had a lot of reports here from people who've tried to redeem. I'm at 281 points since the program started in March, but my last 3 rentals I've gone with Budget due to a far more competitive rate at the location in question.

4. The renter is responsible for all taxes and fees above the base rental rate. But there's no specific "redemption" fee.

NDDomer86 Jun 14, 2012 1:31 am

I would suggest signing up for National's Emerald Club and just having your rentals credited to there instead. Much simpler redemption process.

fairviewroad Jun 14, 2012 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by bulldoggolfer05 (Post 18753924)
I would suggest signing up for National's Emerald Club and just having your rentals credited to there instead. Much simpler redemption process.

Sure, as long as you're not renting from one of the dozens of Enterprise locations that do not participate in the National Emerald Club.