Wil a compact car fit 2 adults and 3 suitcases?

Old Jun 13, 2012, 11:29 pm
Original Poster

Wil a compact car fit 2 adults and 3 suitcases?

I'm not used to renting cars so I'm just wondering if a typical compact size car, which Fox RentACar lists as a Ford Focus or similar, will fit 2 adults and our three suitcases if we used the backseat and the trunk for the suitcases? I'm worried that we might get a 2 door car but even if we do, do any of you who have experience with renting compact cars think our 3 full size suitcases will fit?
Old Jun 14, 2012, 1:03 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Welcome to Flyertalk! I can't see that being a problem, usually when I rent a Compact I get a Nissan Versa which will certainly hold you and an another adult and your three bags.
Old Jun 14, 2012, 1:07 pm

Programs: DL-MM-Diamond HH-Diamond
You should not have a problem. The Focus is quite large. If all 3 do not fit in the truck, you still have the whole back seat.
Old Jun 15, 2012, 12:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by MartinChamorro
I'm not used to renting cars so I'm just wondering if a typical compact size car, which Fox RentACar lists as a Ford Focus or similar, will fit 2 adults and our three suitcases if we used the backseat and the trunk for the suitcases? I'm worried that we might get a 2 door car but even if we do, do any of you who have experience with renting compact cars think our 3 full size suitcases will fit?
2-door cars are exceedingly rare in the U.S. I wouldn't worry about receiving one, even booking an Economy.

That said, Fox tends to run smaller cars than the competition (less of an issue with cars but definitely an issue with SUVs), but if the Intermediate is not much more per day (within a couple bucks or so), I'd consider getting that.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.