Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Other Car Rental Programs (ie. Alamo, Enterprise) (closed to posting)
Reload this Page >

One Way Rental, $145 Drop Charge On Contract, Not Charged at Check In

Old Apr 14, 2012, 4:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: WN Nothing and spending the half million points from too many flights, Hilton Diamond

I had a weekly Enterprise rental this week, pick up in one airport, drop at another, 300 miles or so between the two. The rental contract says $145 drop charge which I was fully willing and expecting to pay. When I checked in the receipt popped out at $197, the price of the weekly rental with no drop. My total was supposed to be $350 after taxes.

The little receipt from the drop says "Subject to Audit."

I asked the check in agent if he was sure that was correct and he said "yes" in a way that he thought I thought I was being overcharged. So I took the receipt and checked in for my flight.

Here is my question? Will I get the audit, and how long before I can expect it to hit?
Old Apr 14, 2012, 6:45 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Most likely, unless the clerk actually waived the fee. Most often pretty quick, but allow 30 days.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.