Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New to Car Rental - Need Help

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2011, 4:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Diamond, AA EXP, US Platinum, VA Gold, Starwood Platinum 75, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
New to Car Rental - Need Help

Hi All,

So I am a pretty frequent traveler, but not a big car renter and need some help. I am going to be in New Zealand and need a two day rental, and wanted to know the cheapest way of going about it.

I believe there is a car rental site that automatically changes your price if there is a better price that comes up. Is this correct? If so, is this the best option?

Any recommendations welcomed as to cheapest and earning the most points/miles.

Thanks!
Old Oct 17, 2011, 5:59 am

Programs: QFF NB, Velocity Silver, Hertz 5*, Avis Preferred, Thrifty Blue Chip (Oz), Europcar Privilege Exec.
If you want general information, there are a number of NZ car hire threads, as well as other car hire threads, on this forum that you can look at, rather than us re-posting the same information.

If you would like specific information, please post specific details, i.e. location of pick up and return, date/time and type of car.

The website I think you may be referring to is Autoslash, which is run by a couple of the members of FT. I believe it's only for US rentals at this stage (though this may have changed).

A number of websites will allow to compare all of the major companies, as well as providing reasonably detailed information regarding insurance conditions, including oodles, vroomvroomwroom, driveawayholidays.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.