Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Enterprise Question

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2011, 10:23 am
Original Poster

Question Enterprise Question

Here is a question that I'm kind of mad about, but I wanted to see Enterprise's policy before I go any further. My wife went to use a free weekend rental coupon we had today. When asked for her license, she showed the agent hers and explained that even though it was expired she had the paper from the DMV showing that the paper was good until she received the camera card in the mail. They wouldn't rent her the car because of this.

Is this something that seems unusual? I couldn't remember if they swipe a license or not at Enterprise. The paper from the DMV does state that it can serve as a license until the person gets a new one.

Any advice would be appreciated.
Old Oct 22, 2011, 9:48 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
It can go either way. At my local (not affiliated) rental place, I will take the DMV issued Temporary license as long as there's a Photo ID to back it up. At Enterprise because every employee is so different, you may have run into one not willing to take the risk. I know when I worked there (2007-2008) we used to take them as long as they had the photo ID as back up.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.