Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Any one-way deal NY->FL 12/23?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2011, 10:59 pm
Original Poster

Any one-way deal NY->FL 12/23?

I'm stumped: flexible to depart NYC area December 22 or 23, will arrive FL next day. Minivan preferred

Used to be that codes would easily put "1-day with no drop-off fee" under $100, but I don't see it from any Company right now
Old Nov 9, 2011, 6:35 am

Avis had a special from NY to FL, which ended in the middle of October. Avis now has a special from the Piedmont deep South to FL, as long as the car is returned by mid December.

National usually has a FL drivein coming up soon, and sometimes Hertz. You might want to wait for that before you book something out of season at an outrageous price. But usually these inbound specials are over by mid December. Realistically, if your plans are inflexible, require traveling during the peak Christmas break, and one-way out of season, it will be nearly impossible to find a "good" price.
Old Nov 9, 2011, 6:37 pm

Programs: AGR, PC, HH no status as I stopped paying for travel
Are you near ISLIP?
Alamo seems to be cheaper at MacArthur than the others do in NYC.

$90 compact
$129 SUV or minivan
Plus taxes of course
Old Nov 9, 2011, 8:38 pm
Original Poster

can Alamo Insider get double-upgrade to van on a 1-day one-way?
Old Nov 10, 2011, 5:58 am

No. Upgrade coupons anywhere usually say compact through standard, max upgrade to full size or premium. If you were a member of National's Emerald Club, reserved midsize at an Emerald Aisle location, and a minivan was on the aisle as a free upgrade, it would be your lucky day. But a "cheap" specialty vehicle, for a long distance one-way, at a peak travel period, is asking for a miracle.
Old Nov 10, 2011, 2:03 pm

Programs: AGR, PC, HH no status as I stopped paying for travel
check the discount code thread about a code T-- which will cut your rate dramatically. If you are eligible use it to save some money

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.