Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Alamo: Possible to add an additional driver later?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2008, 12:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat
Alamo: Possible to add an additional driver later?

I'm flying to SJC next month with a coworker whose flight arrives one day later than me. Right now, I've got a rental car reserved with Alamo under my name. I'm wondering if it's possible for me to pick up the rental car when I arrive and then come back to the rental desk the next day to add my coworker as an additional driver. Will Alamo allow this? Or do they require that adding an additional driver must be done when I initially pick up the car? I've read that for some rental companies it's OK to do this, but I wasn't sure if it was OK for Alamo?

Thanks!
Old Oct 5, 2008, 8:34 pm

We've had no problem doing that a few times with Alamo in various locations.
Old Oct 7, 2008, 10:52 pm
Suspended

Yes you can add addl driver later...you must show up at an Alamo counter later With this person...they will add them on, with possible addl driver fee depending on where you are renting and their requirements...then they will have you initial and sign the rental agreement again and have your addl driver sign next to their name as an authorized addl driver.
If there is a fee you will only be charged for the addl days left on the rental.
Old Oct 8, 2008, 9:54 am

You can book through costco.com and the additional driver fee is waived, if that's helpful.
Old Oct 9, 2008, 1:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat
Originally Posted by bevvy5
You can book through costco.com and the additional driver fee is waived, if that's helpful.
Thanks for the suggestion, bevvy5. I've actually got this discount included in my reservation already, so my main concern is whether it would be OK to come back to the rental facility later (the next day) to add the additional driver. But it seems like you and Paminaz both have had no troubles doing this, so my worries have been put to rest. Thanks again for your help!
Old Oct 10, 2008, 6:11 am

Originally Posted by bevvy5
anybody can use Walmart codes to waive the fee too automatically adds 1 extra free

430710 or 428448

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.