Under 25 don't rent with Alamo

Old Jan 20, 2007, 2:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NWA, Delta, AA
Under 25 don't rent with Alamo

Well the title says it all. My brother had to rent a car he is under 25. He went to Alamo in MEM and was charged SO much for the car to rent it. The total came out much more than 25 dollars a day. So many extras we added on to the total of the car. Bottom line if you have to rent a car and are under 25 shop around for the best price.
Old Jan 20, 2007, 9:28 pm

Programs: EY Gold, AS MVPG, BAEC Gold, DL PM
Originally Posted by nyc123zoe55
Well the title says it all. My brother had to rent a car he is under 25. He went to Alamo in MEM and was charged SO much for the car to rent it. The total came out much more than 25 dollars a day. So many extras we added on to the total of the car. Bottom line if you have to rent a car and are under 25 shop around for the best price.
I'm 22 and rent from National (Alamo's sister-company) almost 40 times a year and have never been slapped with heavy surcharges. The bottom line is that you have to search around for rates that include underage surcharges rather than blaming the rental agency.
Old Jan 20, 2007, 9:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NWA, Delta, AA
Yes, I searched for the lowest price. It was not just this one thing that happened. We had two cars and wanted to add a driver for 1 car, and Alamo added the young driver for 2 cars. We did not find this out till our rental was over. So yes that was the fault of Alamo.
Old Jan 24, 2007, 11:11 am

If the young driver was the one making both reservations, then he had to be on both cars. I was burned with a similar situation when renting a car when I was 21; one under-25 driver made the reservation but wasn't going to drive, 2 other under-25 drivers were going to drive but weren't on the initial reservation. Guess what? One car, three under-25 surcharges.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.