Old Apr 1, 2006, 9:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CO Silv, Marriott Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Silver
Earning Miles with Alamo

Can miles be earned with Alamo?

Thanks
Old Apr 1, 2006, 9:55 pm

Programs: QC, QF, Avis Preferred, BW Crown Club, Priority Club
You can earn FF miles when renting from Alamo. Alamo have a range of Airline, Hotel, and Corporate partners, as found here
Old Apr 2, 2006, 10:31 am

Programs: 1MM UA
Alamo, like most rental car companies, charges .50 per day if you choose to earn frequent flyer miles from most airlines. The exceptions are
Air Canada, American and Northwest. For these airlines, you pay a small "tax" which is 5% of something (I forget what).

Unlike several other companies, I am unable to put my frequent flyer number into a Quicksilver profile, so you should show the appropriate frequent flyer card at the counter for each rental and hope they enter it correctly.
Old Apr 8, 2006, 12:27 pm

Programs: Platinum Ambassador Priority Club, Singapore Silver Elite, Hilton Honors Silver, Continental Silver
Alamo charging for miles

As sosafan says, Alamo charges for the miles. What they don't do is tell you. I noticed my bill was $4 more than the quote, the guy looks at it for a while, then spots the charge. It is not that obvious on the itemized bill either. I have no problem with this (other than I think it is dumb and drives away business) if it is posted and/or told when asking. The issue was the not informing.
Old Apr 9, 2006, 2:20 am
ls

Programs: MR PLT, HLT DIA
oops. forgot to add my ffm number to a rental last month..is there any way I can still get the miles?
Old Apr 10, 2006, 1:01 pm

Programs: 1MM UA
Originally Posted by ls
oops. forgot to add my ffm number to a rental last month..is there any way I can still get the miles?
If you paid a frequent flyer daily fee, or a Frequent Flyer Tax Recoupment Surcharge, you should be able to get your miles. If not, you would need
to modify the contract and expense. I would doubt that you could do it,
but you could always ask.
Old Apr 10, 2006, 3:21 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 25K , UA ,WJ, HA, AMEX AP Reserve
Note that Air Canada is not a partner with Alamo anymore,
just National.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.