Wiki Posts
Search

Any Decent Rates over Christmas?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2002, 4:15 pm
Original Poster

Any Decent Rates over Christmas?

Hi,
I'm posting this on all the car boards, in case not everybody looks at them all.

I'm trying to find a decent rate in Ft. Lauderdale 12/20-12/27 (1 week + 2 hours). I realize there are blackout dates during this time, so I put in a bid on Priceline for a mid-size car ($32/day, not including taxes/fees) and was rejected within minutes. Are there any tips or alternatives, or am I looking at $500+ for this rental?
Thanks for any help!

Edited to add followup info:

After trying literally dozens of discount codes on all major and minor rental companies and finding only $500+ rates for my dates, I decided to see if I could find an "offsite" location that would work. I did! Enterprise Leasing has a branch about 5 miles from FLL; they won't pick me up at the airport, but it's less than a $10 cab fare to their lot. They will, however, take me to the airport when I return the car. Price for an intermediate - a very reasonable $230 (1 week + 2 hours); their airport rate for those dates is $563. The only downside for those of you traveling on the weekend: this (the Dania) location closes at noon on Saturday and is closed all day on Sunday; fortunately for me, I'm travelling Friday to Friday. But, they do have other offsite locations that have longer weekend hours and are not terribly far from FLL. Hope someone can benefit from this info. www.enterprise.com.

[This message has been edited by joie_de_vie (edited 11-27-2002).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.