Are LAS ALAMO agents liberal

Old Nov 25, 2002, 12:34 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Are LAS ALAMO agents liberal

in giving an upgrade? I booked for 3 days pickup from LAS airport using SWA promotion for double reward points. I also have an upgrade coupon which i cannot use in conjunction with SWA promotion ( checked online ). would ALAMO agent give a FREE upgrade if i present the coupon at counter?
Old Nov 27, 2002, 12:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP & 3MM, Priority Club Plat since 1984
They were real jerks with me. The volume there is worse than LAX.

If you rent alot, try calling the toll free number and ask for an upgrade to be approved through them.

When they bring up your account number, one of the items on the screen is the number of times total you have rented from them.

This has worked to my benefit in the past.

Good luck!
Old Nov 27, 2002, 12:41 pm
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
LAS is a combined Alamao/National location, so chances of an upgrade are probably less because you just go to an aisle and pick your own car anyway.

I rented a full-size last time I was there from Alamo, and they just send you out to the full-size aisle and you get your pick of all those great Buick Century and Chevy Malibus. There was a single Dodge Intrepid and Nissan Altima on the aisle too ...
Old Nov 30, 2002, 8:06 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

LAS Alamo refused to honor the upgrade coupon saying I should have done it on phone and they cannot do it at counter

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.