Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Insurance included in Alamo.uk rentals?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2012, 7:12 am
Original Poster

Insurance included in Alamo.uk rentals?

I know that CDW and $1M of other cover is included in U.S. rentals when you book via Alamo.uk. There are no deductibles (excess) for either one.

However, I am trying to determine exactly what the $1M covers. The website doesn't really specify in much detail. I wrote to the e-mail listed in the "contact us" section of the website and asked specific questions. They were answered by someone who clearly does not speak English as a first language and was not able to answer my questions in the amount of detail I would like. So I am hoping you guys can help somewhat.

I always use Alamo.uk, but my husband is reluctant to step down from Avis and Hertz (he considers them the cream of the crop). He always buys their SLI because we don't have any liability insurance that covers us for rental situations (we live in Barbados). He is worried about switching to Alamo because he doesn't know what their insurance covers exactly, and he is reluctant to deal with someone in the UK if there is a claim because of time differences etc.

So, I just want to know what that inclusive insurance at Alamo.uk covers and how it compares to the insurances that you can buy from Avis and Hertz. The Alamo rep only said in the e-mail (cut and pasted): "The 1 million USD is expences and medical costs (which Alamo covers) in case of the vehicles occupants get hurn in an accident". What about damage to the other car in the accident, especially if they don't have insurance themselves, or the fault is mine and they contest it?

Also, how hard is the claims process, especially if we then leave the US to go home and have to deal with it from there?

Please help me to understand a little more about how these insurances work!
Old Sep 25, 2012, 10:59 am

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
Originally Posted by Bajanswife
I know that CDW and $1M of other cover is included in U.S. rentals when you book via Alamo.uk. There are no deductibles (excess) for either one.

However, I am trying to determine exactly what the $1M covers. The website doesn't really specify in much detail. I wrote to the e-mail listed in the "contact us" section of the website and asked specific questions. They were answered by someone who clearly does not speak English as a first language and was not able to answer my questions in the amount of detail I would like. So I am hoping you guys can help somewhat.

I always use Alamo.uk, but my husband is reluctant to step down from Avis and Hertz (he considers them the cream of the crop). He always buys their SLI because we don't have any liability insurance that covers us for rental situations (we live in Barbados). He is worried about switching to Alamo because he doesn't know what their insurance covers exactly, and he is reluctant to deal with someone in the UK if there is a claim because of time differences etc.

So, I just want to know what that inclusive insurance at Alamo.uk covers and how it compares to the insurances that you can buy from Avis and Hertz. The Alamo rep only said in the e-mail (cut and pasted): "The 1 million USD is expences and medical costs (which Alamo covers) in case of the vehicles occupants get hurn in an accident". What about damage to the other car in the accident, especially if they don't have insurance themselves, or the fault is mine and they contest it?

Also, how hard is the claims process, especially if we then leave the US to go home and have to deal with it from there?

Please help me to understand a little more about how these insurances work!
I would reply back to the email requesting a direct link or paper copy of the policy for the US state that you will be renting in. Policy details vary by state, but fit within the $1 million guideline.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.