Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Leave rental car at Alamo lot for a day mid-rental?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2012, 2:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP; UAMM
Leave rental car at Alamo lot for a day mid-rental?

Next week I'm renting for a week from Alamo at OGG. I'll be flying to HNL for a day and want to leave the car at OGG while I'm away.

Will Alamo let me "store" it at their lot for the day (9am-6pm)?
Old Jun 25, 2012, 3:35 pm

IMO this is not covered by their "business process".
I mean, they have place for returned cars, washing/fueling station and parking lot for cars ready to rent, but not a parking spot for customers. You could ask somebody to do a personal favor and let you park, let's say, on the employee parking lot.

Also, you could ask the manager if you could "replace" your car and take 9 hours to choose your new car
However, in this case you have to refuel the car and go though some paperwork. It looks that OGG on terminal parking is $10/day (http://www.ifly.com/kahului-airport/...irport-Parking )

Last edited by elruso; Jun 25, 2012 at 4:22 pm
Old Jun 25, 2012, 4:24 pm

BTW, I'm travelling there in 2months
Can I ask you a favor and check if
- Alamo at OGG allows you to choose your own car
- The Alamo/National fleet is shared (do you have separate counter / parking lots or a common one)
- Do they have separate Standard class Aisle (Many locations don't)
- What interesting cars do they have (besides the ubiquitous 200s, Malibus and Impalas)

Thanks.
Old Jun 25, 2012, 4:54 pm

Programs: UA,WN,AA,DL, B6
On several occasions I have rented a a car at a airport location and asked but have never been allowed to leave my car there, I had to park at the airport pay lot. I have rented cars at a hotel location and they have let me leave my car there with no charge.
Old Jun 26, 2012, 8:19 am

I highly recommend parking it in the airport parking lot, you don't want wires to get crossed while you're gone and come back to find the car has been returned.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.