Alamo Rental, Returning car early??

Old Sep 17, 2011, 3:07 pm
Original Poster

Alamo Rental, Returning car early??

Any addtional fees for returning a rental 2 days early on a 7 day rental?

Only need the car for 5 days but renting it 7 days is less money.

Coupon I'm using does require a Satuday Night stay, which I will be doing anyway.

Really Need car only from Tuesday Night October 4th until Noon Sunday October 9th ($181) Pick-up MCO Drop off FLL

7 day rental would be from Tuesday Night October 4th to Tuesday October 11th ($118) Pick-up MCO Drop off FLL

Anyone know how Alamo will handle this?
Old Sep 17, 2011, 3:24 pm

Programs: Southwest Rapid Rewards. Tha... that's about it.
I believe that the weekly rate only applies for 6-7 day rentals with Alamo. If you return early, you will not qualify for the weekly rate and will be charged the daily rate for 5 days.

Check Thrifty at MCO. I think Thrifty will give you the weekly rate for 5 days, but I'm not certain. I know I've gotten weekly rates for 5- day rentals before, I just can't remember which company. Had to be Alamo, Thrifty, National, or Dollar though; they're all I've ever used at MCO.
Old Sep 17, 2011, 4:42 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by WillCAD
I believe that the weekly rate only applies for 6-7 day rentals with Alamo. If you return early, you will not qualify for the weekly rate and will be charged the daily rate for 5 days.

Check Thrifty at MCO. I think Thrifty will give you the weekly rate for 5 days, but I'm not certain. I know I've gotten weekly rates for 5- day rentals before, I just can't remember which company. Had to be Alamo, Thrifty, National, or Dollar though; they're all I've ever used at MCO.
Problem with Thrifty is they have a $150 drop off fee, so that knocks them out of the box right away.

Guess I better stick with the $181 rental (5 days) aleast that was for a Premium Car.
Old Sep 17, 2011, 8:09 pm

Thrifty does not appear to have a drop charge in the reverse direction. But you probably have your other plans already set.
Old Sep 17, 2011, 8:55 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Auto Enthusiast
Thrifty does not appear to have a drop charge in the reverse direction. But you probably have your other plans already set.
Yes, Air into MCO and Disney Resort booked, then jump on a cruise ship in Ft. Lauderdale on the 9th.
Old Sep 24, 2011, 7:21 am

Originally Posted by WillCAD
I just booked early SAT morning thru late WED night (5 days) out of SFO, it offered me a $98/weekly rate for midsize, and then I took advantage of the $35 off a week, total of $87 after all fees for the weekly rate, but I keyed a 5 day period.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.