Search

alamo: fiat any one?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2011, 5:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K
alamo: fiat any one?

When I got my rental today at PWM I noticed that there were two fiats in the parking ramp. Does anyone know what class these are in? I hope based on the MSRP of it that the cost is less than what a compact would be but you never know. I wouldn't mind getting one for a weekend.
Old Aug 8, 2011, 1:52 pm

I saw one sitting at my local (non airport) Enterprise yesterday, too. Could be fun.
Old Aug 8, 2011, 2:09 pm

Programs: Tokyo Monorail Diamond-Encrusted-Platinum
Take my advice - don't tempt fiat.
Old Aug 8, 2011, 3:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by jib71
Take my advice - don't tempt fiat.
Are they really that bad? I mean they look as cute as all get out. And I am sure that if I drive one I will look much cuter than I already am. Logic rules sometimes.
Old Aug 8, 2011, 4:10 pm

Programs: Marriott titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, AS, UA, AA, TWA, PAN AM, PSA
I rented one in Europe in February. It was ok. Got good mileage. Got it up to about 160k (100mph) on the autobahn. Not as much fun to drive as a mini but it was comfortable on the drive from AMS to Cologne. I'd rent one again.
Old Aug 8, 2011, 5:46 pm

Programs: Tokyo Monorail Diamond-Encrusted-Platinum
Originally Posted by WIRunner
Are they really that bad? I mean they look as cute as all get out. And I am sure that if I drive one I will look much cuter than I already am. Logic rules sometimes.
I once inherited an Alfa Romeo company car from a guy who left the firm as I joined. There were many problems - everything from a cracked cylinder head to faulty electrics. Every time I took it to be repaired at the nearest FIAT/ALFA dealer, the repair shop would lend me a fairly new FIAT replacement vehicle. Every one of those little turds had something wrong with it - mostly just minor stuff. In one case, the lights failed when I was in the third lane on the M4, going into London. As I attempted to get the car to the hard shoulder, across two lanes of angry traffic, I resolved never to buy or rent a car from the same stable.

Today, that's a fiat that I live by.
Old Aug 16, 2011, 5:01 pm

Just in case anyone wants one, they seem to be in Enterprise fleets now. I have noticed 3 of them locally, and a friend of mine in ATL actually has one right now from Enterprise, got it with 40 miles on it.
Old Aug 27, 2011, 2:06 am
Suspended

Alamo went above and beyond to get me a fiat 500. I was bidding SEA, economy and got alamo. When I came, they saw 4 adults and one teens. The agent tried really hard to get me to upgrade. However, they're too greedy and tried to get me paid full price for the upgrade. I rejected all their offer. They also tried to show me an eclipse to let me know how small an economy car will be. When that's failed, they called in a Fiat 500. One thing they didn't know, My brother is coming the next day. He bid the same price and category as mine. He came alone and they just gave him chrysler 300.

I don't mind if they give me fiat 500 just because that's what on the lot, however, when you tried to get someone to upgrade, get them to wait for 30 mins and call in a fiat 500, that left a bitter taste on me. I've been in SEA a lot to know when they won't have an economic car in their lot by the time of my arrival, and every time I was easily upgraded to another car just because they saw me as the only one riding the car.

Last edited by 9Benua; Aug 27, 2011 at 8:14 am
Old Nov 8, 2011, 9:33 am

I had one Thusday @ BWI . Compact category. It was okay. I had to get out the owners manual to figure out how to recline the seat a little. There is kind of a lot of road noise,the lighter doesnt work with the key off,and the brakes are touchy. Other than that,it only cost $13.50 to fill it up.
Old Nov 18, 2011, 9:32 am

Yes, its CCAR. I had an National EA reservation at CLT (mid-size) and saw a Fiat 500 in Alamo's compact line ... it's a shared lot.

Asked the lot manager if I could take it ... and he said, sure no problem. It was actually a ton of fun to drive and lot's of people asked me about it/stared at it at red lights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.