Search

Alamo fleet at LAS

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2011, 3:08 pm
Original Poster

Alamo fleet at LAS

hello all!

Which cars are available from Alamo's LAS (las vegas airport) location,
at the standard, full-size, and premium levels?

Thank you!
Old Jul 20, 2011, 2:41 pm

Programs: Hertz #1 Gold Five Star, Marriott Platinum, Southwest RR
i would like to know the answer to this as well! Or any info people have about the Alamo at LAS, I am thinking of going with Alamo but am I going to have to many problems? The rate I have right now is $25 total for a standard car, beats hertz by $35 but is it worth what could be a hassle is my concern....
Old Jul 22, 2011, 1:55 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA (Gold), Alaska MVP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, SPG Gold,
Used them a couple of weeks ago. We rented the cheapest class car (Costco rate), turned down an upgrade via the kiosk check-in, went to garage where a very nice employee said he'd give us a free upgrade (we didn't ask for it) and let us pick any car that was one or two levels above what we reserved. Got a very nice, new Toyota Corolla (we picked Toyota because that is what we own and what we prefer to drive). It easily held lots of luggage and four passengers comfortably.
Old Jul 22, 2011, 9:09 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
They have basically everything, however the low-end (compact at least) are very basic - manual windows, manual locks (door+trunk), no cruise control, etc.

I rented a mid-size from there last weekend, and had a choice from a reasonable range, but ended up picking a Ford Focus (even had the option of a Focus with Leather seats).

As others have had it's one of the locations where you get to select your own car, so normally you can pick something you like the look of.
Old Jul 29, 2011, 9:18 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA (Gold), Alaska MVP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, SPG Gold,
Don't know what class they considered the Corolla but it had all the bells and whistles including cruise control and auto-everything. Very comfortable, we drove it from Las Vegas to visit a friend in California. We own two Toyotas so we always choose a Toyota when possible since all the controls are usually the same. No fumbling for the AC or the windshield wipers.
Old Jul 29, 2011, 10:44 pm

rented there last week in June when Vegas was super busy. Lots of people standing in lines at Payless etc. Got a good rate, checked in with the kiosk.

5 minutes from the bus to the garage floor where we were able to select our own car from the midsize aisle and drive out. Alamo is on a shared floor with National so that helps with the inventory.

We got a red 2011 Jetta with 859 miles on it, leather seats, a/c etc. Car was clean. Checkout was fast. Return was equally smooth. We did have to wait for a second bus to get to the aiport that night. Thats a first in 8 trips. It was very busy! I would rent with Alamo again.
Old Jul 31, 2011, 2:24 am

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by TxTrav
Don't know what class they considered the Corolla but it had all the bells and whistles including cruise control and auto-everything. Very comfortable, we drove it from Las Vegas to visit a friend in California. We own two Toyotas so we always choose a Toyota when possible since all the controls are usually the same. No fumbling for the AC or the windshield wipers.
The Corolla was considered a PREMIUM in May when I rented. I was upgraded from full size to premium, and that was all they had in premium....
Old Jul 31, 2011, 12:35 pm

Programs: Caesars-Diamond Hilton-Diamond IHG-Plat MGM-Gold Wyndham-Diamond Hertz-PresCircle National-Exec
Originally Posted by tatterdema
The Corolla was considered a PREMIUM in May when I rented. I was upgraded from full size to premium, and that was all they had in premium....
Sorry, but you got shorted if you accepted a Corolla as a premium (or even a full size) car .... at best it's a mid-size (although usually it's considered a compact)! Sure it wasn't a Camry?

If that ever happened to me I would object and demand something more in line with what I rented!
Old Aug 2, 2011, 9:21 am

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by jgxtrav1
Sorry, but you got shorted if you accepted a Corolla as a premium (or even a full size) car .... at best it's a mid-size (although usually it's considered a compact)! Sure it wasn't a Camry?

If that ever happened to me I would object and demand something more in line with what I rented!
My bad. I double checked, and it was a Honda Accord, not a Corolla. It was a nice enough little car, just surprised me that it is considered a Premium.

My reservation was messed up, and the girl who was helping me was new. She printed my paperwork in German. I just wanted to get the heck away from her at that point, so I just kept the car.

I talked to a friend that has been in the rental business for years, and he told me that car classes are based on cost, not size or make, which makes sense. Hondas are spendy.
Old Aug 12, 2011, 4:23 pm

rented a standard 8/8-8/11

got a VW Beetle with 30000 miles.
Old Aug 13, 2011, 11:55 am
Original Poster

Finished trip. Full-size cars were mostly Impala's, but also Chargers, Altimas, and one Camry
Old Apr 24, 2012, 12:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum, 1MM
I've reserved a 4 day rental of a standard vehicle at Alamo LAS. Wonder what they offering up nowadays. It looks like a veritable hodge podge of cars in the standard class.
Old May 14, 2012, 5:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum, 1MM
So my first trip to Alamo at the LAS rental car center had these models in the standard aisle: Dodge Avenger, Chrysler 200, Chevrolet HHR, Volkswagen Jetta, and Toyota Sienna.

Of those vehicles, I selected the Jetta. It definitely reeks of VW's cost cutting in this line. However, the TPMS came on and would not go off despite adding air.

I exchanged the Jetta and these models were in the standard aisle: Dodge Avenger, Chrysler 200, Kia Soul, and Ford Fusion.

Fortunately, I lucked out with a 2012 Ford Fusion SEL V6 loaded with leather, heated seats, Sync, power seats, etc. and with only 500 miles on the odometer.
Old Jun 10, 2012, 6:23 pm

Programs: Delta, AA, Hilton, Priority Club, USAir, American Express Membership Rewards, Ultimate Rew, United
We go to vegas about once a year, always rent from Alamo and have had good luck every time. We rent full size and we are occasionally upgraded to a bigger vehicle, even a van if a fullsize car is not available. Like with any rental company, always look over the car very good for damage etc before you leave the garage so you are not held responsible for something you do not do to the car. Alamo is the best. No hidden fees or surprise fees.
Old Jun 10, 2012, 7:53 pm

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
Alamo = National at LAS. See http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/natio...-cars-las.html for more information on the fleet. Enterprise maintains a separate counter and vehicle pick up area, but the cars are pooled with Alamo National.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.