Alamo: Short on Hilton Hhonors bonus

Old Mar 8, 2011, 4:28 pm
Original Poster

Alamo: Short on Hilton Hhonors bonus

Since this got no reply on the Hilton board:

I booked an Alamo rental with a bonus code (sent on a postcard to me) promising 1500 HHonors points, using the HH Amex as requested. The car was returned 2/22; the promo was valid through 2/28. It has posted as 250 points. Would I expect the rest to post later (they say to allow 6-8 weeks) or should I complain now, and to whom?
Old Mar 12, 2011, 12:56 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by rove312
Since this got no reply on the Hilton board:

I booked an Alamo rental with a bonus code (sent on a postcard to me) promising 1500 HHonors points, using the HH Amex as requested. The car was returned 2/22; the promo was valid through 2/28. It has posted as 250 points. Would I expect the rest to post later (they say to allow 6-8 weeks) or should I complain now, and to whom?
Call HILTON!

If you booked the car with the appropriate code...and your rental was processed as such, and you have received your statement from the trip showing credit from the trip but only 250 credits, your issue is with Hilton as they are the ones not "following thru." Call them and ask where the missing credits are hiding! Only then will you know at what point the "ball was dropped" or they are just in error.

When you participate in third party promotions such as those and the rental car companies are "along for the ride, " so to speak...the initiating company is the one to go back on for the credit.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.