Community
Wiki Posts
Search

China Southern's 1st A380 interior pictures

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2011, 10:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: Asia Miles, Marco Polo, Virgin Flying Club, Etihad Guest & Silver BA Executive Club
China Southern's 1st A380 interior pictures

What do you guys think about the interior? I for one have to say that the China based airlines seem to be transforming their cabin quite well, however their taste in colour/fabric isn't something to desire on.
For example: The fabric used on the first class seats and the amount of plastic used on the suite, makes the seat kinda tacky and dull, I think I prefer Etihad's version and maybe Air China's 777-300ER first class suites

Air China's:
Old Oct 17, 2011, 10:07 am

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
I fully agree on the color and use of plastic. To me the J seats look better than the F suites. The purple/plastic combo will age quickly and look dirty without constant cleaning. Y looks decent for Y.
Old Oct 17, 2011, 11:05 am

Programs: FB, MM, QM, ES, KF & LP / HH, HGP & SPG
Originally Posted by armattheus
I fully agree on the color and use of plastic. To me the J seats look better than the F suites. The purple/plastic combo will age quickly and look dirty without constant cleaning. Y looks decent for Y.
I personally like the colors, they are really calm...
Old Oct 17, 2011, 6:55 pm
evq

Programs: EVA Air Diamond, Fairmont Premier
Originally Posted by 31dany
I personally like the colors, they are really calm...
looks crappy. J class looks like a hospital. F class looks like it was designed by fisher price
Old Oct 17, 2011, 8:15 pm
m.y

Programs: AC 75k, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by evq
looks crappy. J class looks like a hospital. F class looks like it was designed by fisher price
Colors for J class is very similar to the ones on KE.
Old Oct 18, 2011, 2:05 am

Programs: BA Silver; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Points but dirt with everyone else
Originally Posted by m.y
Colors for J class is very similar to the ones on KE.
In that it's hospital-esque, sure, but KE's is much more green and CZ's is much more blue.
Old Oct 18, 2011, 7:31 am

Programs: QF, VN, SQ, SPG, IHG PG
The colours don't matter so much, it always goes down to comfort, who cares about the colours when you will be sitting/sleeping on it for 90% of the time.

The F suites purple use really reminds of VS a lot! J for me looks fine and also Y looks okay too.
Old Oct 19, 2011, 1:35 am

Programs: DL DM, PR, TG, UA, CX (Asia Miles), BT, AY, AA
The AVOD on the A380 looks much better than on the new A332s. If I get the chance I'd like to fly in this plane.
Old Oct 19, 2011, 3:59 am

Originally Posted by soorox
The colours don't matter so much, it always goes down to comfort, who cares about the colours when you will be sitting/sleeping on it for 90% of the time.

The F suites purple use really reminds of VS a lot! J for me looks fine and also Y looks okay too.
Yup, got that right. Indeed, it seems some what like...
http://www.airliners.net/photo/Virgi...db2127684ce914
Old Oct 19, 2011, 7:06 am

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/2MM, AA Plat, IC Diam. Amb., Peninsula regular, amanjunkie
Has CZ announced what route the A380 will fly? LAX? When does A380 service start?

The J seats look sorta like DL's BE (J) seats on B767-400's and refurbished B767-300ER's.
Old Oct 19, 2011, 9:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: Asia Miles, Marco Polo, Virgin Flying Club, Etihad Guest & Silver BA Executive Club
More images

I think J class is the most satisfying, it is well presented and very similar to ANA's old colour scheme. However first class still bothers me, if you look at the doors; it creates a very cheap look, compared to SIA or EK this is a very different first class suite
Old Oct 19, 2011, 9:53 am
Original Poster

Yes but you will also have to stare at it for 100% of the time. The colours are very important, it is always carefully chosen by the airline because it creates a certain environment in the cabin, the purple works for VS because their whole colour scheme is some what seductive and club like, however for CZ they should have chose a calmer colour scheme like CX or SQ

CZ said that the A380 will fly to regional flights then international. So I think Beijing or Shanghai will be the first to get it.

Last edited by g.yau; Oct 19, 2011 at 10:07 am
Old Oct 19, 2011, 1:42 pm

Originally Posted by g.yau
Yes but you will also have to stare at it for 100% of the time. The colours are very important, it is always carefully chosen by the airline because it creates a certain environment in the cabin, the purple works for VS because their whole colour scheme is some what seductive and club like, however for CZ they should have chose a calmer colour scheme like CX or SQ

CZ said that the A380 will fly to regional flights then international. So I think Beijing or Shanghai will be the first to get it.
Naturally, a couple of months of regional routes for the crew to get the hang of the new bird and then CAN-CDG, as CZ is ST and CDG is a good route for them.

http://www.flightglobal.com/news/art...rvices-361684/
Old Oct 19, 2011, 9:33 pm

Programs: UA 1K, MR Titanium, IHG Gold, National Exec
The first picture of the C cabin made me gasp with horror but the second one is much better. Certainly flyable and given CZ's reasonable pricing I might end up flying those more often. I'm not a fan of the really dense staggered layout though, I'd prefer 1-2-1 like SQ or 2-2-2 like KE/LH.

When CZ starts flying these birds across the Pacific I might try driving up to CAN to give it a try.

I love the fact that there's remote controls in Y. Some carrier which I have status on hasn't even made it to personal TVs on longhauls yet. (although I got one of the "premium" 777s with AVOD IFE on TPE-NRT yesterday, pretty nice!)
Old Oct 19, 2011, 9:52 pm
Ambassador: China

Programs: UA AA CO
Originally Posted by MegatopLover
Has CZ announced what route the A380 will fly? LAX? When does A380 service start?
Love to see that..but doubt it will happen.

They don't even have daily service now LAX-CAN.
Looking for a SFO slot.

4 more coming to CZ, ....CDG, MEL SYD?

Maybe domestic CAN-PEK PEK-PVG/SHA?

One slotted for Head of State?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.