Wiki Posts
Search

Evaair

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2006, 6:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SQ GOLD, KE million miler,Eva Gold,ROP
Exclamation Evaair

Evaair's(Evaair.com) contact info has only telephone and fax numbers, not email address. Is it their policy to communicate by only tel and fax?
Old Feb 14, 2006, 6:59 pm

Programs: UA, DL
I was wondering the same thing, I've been wanting to send them an email letting them know about my experiences.
Old Feb 14, 2006, 8:59 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, UA Silver, HH Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium
I stand corrected. Apparently, EVA Air does have an e-mail address. See the post below. ^

Last edited by EVA Air; Feb 14, 2006 at 10:35 pm
Old Feb 14, 2006, 10:03 pm

Programs: AC/BR/CX
EVA AIR e-mail address

EVA Airways customer service e-mail address can be found at http://www.evaair.com/html/b2c/engli...uns/Taiwan.htm and the address is [email protected] .
Old Feb 14, 2006, 11:04 pm

even ANA doesn't have their email address published too.
Old Feb 15, 2006, 11:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: SQ GOLD, KE million miler,Eva Gold,ROP
Originally Posted by TaiwanAir
EVA Airways customer service e-mail address can be found at http://www.evaair.com/html/b2c/engli...uns/Taiwan.htm and the address is [email protected] .
Thanks Taiwanair! I could find their email address 1 mile down to the bottom of thier website.
Old Feb 15, 2006, 6:44 pm

Programs: EVA (diamond), A3, BMI, VN
I would be interested to find out if anyone gets anything useful out of EVA air customer services. Especially if they are not Taiwanese....

Don't get me wrong... by-and-large things often just work. I often fill in and return those comment cards.

BUT, I have never managed to get anything out of customer services (by phone, mail-back comment form, complaint at an office). There is a real language/culture block. (And I've lived/worked in Taiwan so I'm not totally naive.) In Taipei, even trying to make a seat reservation throught their call centre can be a struggle if you don't speak English:

PAX: Here is my PNR..... I would just like to make a seat reservation.
REP: You want to change your flight?
PAX: No, make a seat reservation.
REP: Its OK we reconfirm for you already
PAX: No I want to choose a particular seat
REP: pls wait
REP2: Can I help you?
PAX: I would like to choose a seat?
REP2: Which day do you want to travel?
PAX: No I have the flight already.
etc etc

No joking... one time it took me more than 30mins just to choose my seat! Now I get a Chinese speaker to do the talking for me...

Last experience was a chronic availability problem on Elite. Nobody could do anything - in Taipei or London office. Filled in the comment card complete with PNR info, the flights I was looking for, and my gold card number and sent it to Taoyuan giving a tame Chinese speaker as a contact to make it easier for them. My friend got a call - but the EVA rep simply said "if I had any problems booking a flight, I could call one of their offices for help or phone them."

The staff that front up their offices seem mostly well-intentioned and pleasant but the function of the staff seems to be to protect their branch manager from "trouble" and their branch manager's job is to feedback good news to HQ about the success of their Hello Kitty promotion.
Old Feb 15, 2006, 6:45 pm

Programs: EVA (diamond), A3, BMI, VN
(deleted - duplicate)

Last edited by jimbo99; Feb 16, 2006 at 12:47 pm Reason: (deleted - duplicate)
Old Feb 15, 2006, 7:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, UA Silver, HH Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium
I haven't had any problems with EVA Air reservations in English or Mandarin.

I guess representatives vary.

Also, I have always had my complaints promptly replied either with a written letter or a phone call. It's usually just the form letter telling me they'll forward my complaint to the responsible departments, etc.
Old Feb 15, 2006, 11:32 pm
Suspended

Programs: ANA PLAT,CI GOLD,LH SEN,Hyatt Gold.
I have gone into their ticket offices a few times and always had great service all be it they can be slow.
Old Feb 21, 2016, 1:19 am

Eva air

Has anyone ever got a reply from the customer service email. My 3 enquires have been ignored
Old Feb 21, 2016, 1:28 am

My previous complaint/enquiry was routed properly and dealt with, without any reply via Email
Old Feb 21, 2016, 10:38 am

Originally Posted by DanBlack666
Has anyone ever got a reply from the customer service email. My 3 enquires have been ignored
My complaint was about meal service in RL (there were only 12 seats taken in RL early Sept 2015). I asked for 2 cakes if there are left overs but the FA said it's only ONE per person. Then 30min later, I saw there were at least 10 cakes left in the kitchen and all the FA were eating them.

I emailed EVA and they routed the email to Toronto office and the guy replied saying that it's usually one cake per person unless there is left over. But they weren't clear on why there were so many left in the kitchen yet I wasn't allowed a 2nd...lol. It was just an useless reply...
Old Feb 22, 2016, 10:35 am

For what it's worth, my personal experience:

I've had consistently good results calling in, always in English, always helpful and not much of a language issue. I have called into several different offices.

The one time that I logged a complaint via email I received a sort of stock or standard reply. In fact, exactly the same type of reply that I would have received from my domestic carrier.
Old Feb 22, 2016, 9:32 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
EVA responded to my complaint I ranted on Flyertalk an few months ago. However it was as generic as an copy pasted email we always see.

EVA took exactly 4 weeks to "follow up" and blamed the delay on an internal investigation. Not sure if any action was taken against the FA as they said it's undisclosed.

IMO even if you do nothing at least address to the customer that they have taken internal action by doing "XXXXX" to make sure "XXXXX" will never happen again. Idc if an good will gesture was attached but sending the same email to every customer is pretty obvious the way they wrote it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.