Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Connecting flight at Taipei CKS airport

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2005, 10:29 am

Programs: DL, UA, WN, Amtrak, Hyatt, Accor
Ahem --- you people definitely need a NOODLE DO! Led by the chef, who can walk through T1 with a noodle flag...

This is what I LOVE about FlyerTalk. Four pages of how to find a no-name cafeteria in response to a question about what to do in an airport on a connection. This is possibly my favorite thread ever --- ah, I guess second behind Sooty the amorous guinea pig.
Old Oct 31, 2005, 9:33 pm
Suspended

Programs: ANA PLAT,CI GOLD,LH SEN,Hyatt Gold.
OK heres the deal I need to go over to HKG so I am going to book a lunchtime flight and get there early. I will be easy to identify wioth my cape, curly pipe and tweed hat and a eye glass.
Old Nov 1, 2005, 10:51 am
Suspended
Original Poster

boarding pass while transiting at TPE CKS airport

ok...back to my original topic (and not the noodle)
I am taking SQ flight from LAX to TPE, and connecting to a TG flight there.
Will I have my TG boarding pass when I check in SQ at LAX? or do I get the TG boarding pass in TPE?
If I don't have TG boarding when I go out of custom at TPE airport, I suppose I have to check in at the TG counter for the boarding pass before I can go through the security again. Am I correct?
Old Nov 1, 2005, 2:10 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

duplicate

Last edited by Mama; Nov 1, 2005 at 2:13 pm
Old Nov 1, 2005, 9:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My guess is that SQ can through check you in on TG flights if they are both in the same reservation. If you don't have one, I am not sure what you can do - I am not sure if TG or SQ have a transit desk in TPE. Also SQ is in T2 and TG is in T1.

You must have a boarding pass to go into the air side at TPE.
Old Nov 1, 2005, 9:35 pm

Programs: AA, SPG
This is the most wonderful thread. But I really hope someone will tell us definitively if the noodle shop is open or closed, cause I'm going to TPE next year and it's the first stop on my itinerary.
Old Nov 2, 2005, 4:35 am

Best Non Chain Food In An Airport

Ciao, ragazzi!
I´m so happy that the ¨ where´s the noodle shop?¨ has become a cult thread. I propose to expand it to what´s the best non-corporate food you´ve found in an airport? Perhaps it should be moved to another venue. Let the games begin.
Old Nov 2, 2005, 5:33 am
Suspended

I promise you all I will check it out, just keep your pants on a bit longer.

By the way I just finsihed a lovely spicey beef noodle soup at my desk.

Old Nov 2, 2005, 4:14 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by username
My guess is that SQ can through check you in on TG flights if they are both in the same reservation. If you don't have one, I am not sure what you can do - I am not sure if TG or SQ have a transit desk in TPE. Also SQ is in T2 and TG is in T1.

You must have a boarding pass to go into the air side at TPE.
Being an adventurous person, I think I will just head out no matter what.
If I don't have the TG boarding pass, I can always go to TG check-in counter and get one in the departure hall.
Which *A loung can I use at Terminal 1?
Old Nov 7, 2005, 5:13 am
Suspended

Thew lounge of TG is the pitts, it is stinky and small. Go up the stairs to departures and then come hal way back down again and turn left into the corridor. You might be lucky as they are promising to close this and move to a new one.

I will go to HKG either Tuesday or Wednesday this week and will try to find this noodle shop once and for all.

Just to be clear the story so far says it is airside not landside.
Old Nov 8, 2005, 3:32 am

Originally Posted by Steve Fenton
Thew lounge of TG is the pitts, it is stinky and small. Go up the stairs to departures and then come hal way back down again and turn left into the corridor. You might be lucky as they are promising to close this and move to a new one.

I will go to HKG either Tuesday or Wednesday this week and will try to find this noodle shop once and for all.

Just to be clear the story so far says it is airside not landside.
Ciao, Steve! It is airside. Please find it and we can put this to rest. I'm in Chang Mai at the moment and will be in VN tomorrow. Internet is spotty at best. I look forward to reading your post when I hit SIN on the 20th. Good luck.
Old Nov 8, 2005, 4:37 am
Suspended

OK I AM ARRIVING AT 4.30PM FOR A 6.30PM FLIGHT - I NEVER DO THIS. IT IS SOLVE THE MYSTERY OF THE TAIPEI NOODLE SHOP. HOPEFULLY BEFORE TAKE OFF YOU WILL HAVE MY REPORT.

SO BY LONDON TIME 10.30AM I HOPE TO HAVE THIS MYSTERY SOLVED.

I FEEL LIKE INDIANNA JONES
Old Nov 8, 2005, 8:24 pm

OK I AM ARRIVING AT 4.30PM FOR A 6.30PM FLIGHT - I NEVER DO THIS. IT IS SOLVE THE MYSTERY OF THE TAIPEI NOODLE SHOP. HOPEFULLY BEFORE TAKE OFF YOU WILL HAVE MY REPORT.

I'm at the airport now in BKK headed to SGN. I can't change my flight and hop over to TPE but I'm with you in spirit.

noodliciously yours - david
Old Nov 8, 2005, 10:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, UA Silver, HH Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium

We're anxiously waiting for your results.
Old Nov 9, 2005, 1:48 am
Suspended

Unhappy

OK I got here early and checked it out. There is no noodle shop when you go up the stairs after passport control in T1. There is a great looking lounge you pay $1500 NT to use and there are free showers half way along the corridor to the lounges.

I asked check in and lounge staff and they dont know of any noodle shop.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but I just want to make sure I did this right. From check in I went up the stairs to passport control. Turned right to the A gates and China Airlines lounge. Went through security and turned right up the stairs and went all the way to the book shop at the end.

Last edited by Steve Fenton; Nov 9, 2005 at 9:40 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.