Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Connecting flight at Taipei CKS airport

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2005, 2:04 am

Programs: UA Silver, AA, WN, DL
Originally Posted by Steve Fenton
so are we saying that go past the T1 china lounge on your left and keep going and I will find it
Yes... and I distinctly remember the life-size cutouts of CI staff by the entrance... in our rather sleepy trans-pacific state, my friend and I joked that they were the permanent welcoming committee.

Past that and it's approximately the middle of the mezzanine... in fact, I distinctly remember another lounge (sorry, don't remember which one, but they were offering non-members access for a daily rate that I have also forgotten - don't believe it was airline branded, could be wrong) right next or close to the noodle shop. You have some power outlets there at the nooodle shop too, which I was able to recharge my laptop there while we were eating

Last edited by luv2ctheworld; Oct 3, 2005 at 2:10 am
Old Oct 4, 2005, 4:15 am
Suspended

Programs: ANA PLAT,CI GOLD,LH SEN,Hyatt Gold.
So a trip to the noodle shop wil be in order then I can dive into the CI lounge and check the noodles in there before embarking on another 16 hours on board a 747 to AMS
Old Oct 4, 2005, 11:05 am

Buon Appetito!!

Ciao, Steve
I'm happy that the noodle mystery has been solved. Enjoy.

chefdg1
Old Oct 4, 2005, 2:16 pm
Suspended

surely it has only just begun now we have to decide which choice is the best - only after we find the damm place first.

" to boldy go where no man has gone before "
Old Oct 4, 2005, 5:18 pm

Programs: UA 1MM Gold AA Gold NW Silver Marriott Plat. SPG Plat. Hilton Gold Hertz 5 Star
Possible for arriving passengers?

ok. So I am returning to Taipei this week.

Is it possible for me to deplane and head to the Transfer area instead of leaving the secure area towards customs?

I can just fake that I have a e-ticket that I need to go to the counter to get the boarding pass?

Reason that I ask is that I arrive around 7:00 p.m. and would like to get to the noodle place and of course I will take photos.

Thanks
Old Oct 5, 2005, 10:09 am
Suspended

I am licking my lips in anticipation
Old Oct 7, 2005, 7:41 am

Programs: UA 1MM Gold AA Gold NW Silver Marriott Plat. SPG Plat. Hilton Gold Hertz 5 Star
well i failed

Yup. I failed. Miserably.

I came back into TPE last night.

I wasn't able to reach the restaurant. Mind you I was post security. Completely in the secure section.

I went through and was able to transfer between A and B gates. Was near the duty free shops and all. But was not able to get to the lounges.

SUCKS!
Old Oct 7, 2005, 12:18 pm

So near - yet so far.....

Oh no! I thought you had it. Take the long inclined corridor starting between the duty free shops. Turn to the left and search out the stairway/elevator combo. The noodles are calling you. Well at least the thread is still alive.
Old Oct 7, 2005, 3:00 pm
Suspended

"AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH"

I will fly in on Monday 17 from AMS>BKK do you think I could find my way there or will they roue me straight into passport control
Old Oct 10, 2005, 5:57 am

Programs: CX DM, Marriott Plat, SPG lifetime, Hyatt Diamond, Avis Chairman's Club
it's right after the x-ray machines, look left and you'll see a stair case with an elevator next to it, once u get to the duty free area you're past it... good luck
Old Oct 10, 2005, 6:41 am
DOZ
Suspended

you mean to the right which is where the CI lounge is at the top of the stairs after the x-ray machine in T1
Old Oct 15, 2005, 7:58 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
There are two sets of x-ray machines in T1. After you go through passport control you have to go left or right (to Concourse A or B). So which set of x-rays are you referring to?

- Jeff
Old Oct 15, 2005, 1:44 pm

Noodles

Ciao, ragazzi!
I swore I would not post again on the noodle shop thing. However, as I was the OP I feel obligated to jump back in. My flights this month do not take me through TPE (I'm in BKK-SGN-SIN-PEN-ICN). I do have an employee travelling to Taiwan in November. I'm going to ask him to take some photos and will post them next month. In the mean time - good luck and good eating.

Last edited by chefdg1; Oct 15, 2005 at 1:46 pm Reason: bad grammar
Old Oct 19, 2005, 12:34 pm

I must have a big "L" on my forehead.

I went out of TPE again.

Went upstairs.

Found the cardboard cut outs. There were lots of them around the lounges. China Airlines, Priortiy Pass, Some Transairways something, and the Cathay Pacific lounge.

I DID NOT FIND THE NOODLE SHOP up there. There was some shop but it was closed. I asked the person staffing the Cathay front desk. He said the noodle shop had closed. I don't know if he is right. He said there was a shop that sold noodles around gate B4.

so...I dunno.
Old Oct 19, 2005, 2:00 pm

Maybe it went out of business because no one could find it. Too bad. I always looked forward to stopping there while in transit. Each time I ate there it was so "un-airport" like. This kind of place is such an unexpected surprise in a world populated with Burger King, Taco smell, etc.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.