Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Philippine Airlines New Business Class A330 2017 Refit

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2017, 10:42 pm
Original Poster

Philippine Airlines New Business Class A330 2017 Refit

Philippine Airlines New Business Class Seats on their A330 which was refitted just this year.

Footwell seemed a bit cramped, width wise.

Getting in and out of the seats can be a bit difficult for even numbered windows seats also.

Last edited by br733; Aug 23, 2017 at 10:53 pm
Old Sep 3, 2017, 6:26 pm

Programs: Mabuhay Miles, Skypass, Eva Air, KrisFlyer
Images cant be viewed. pls upload here or to some place like imgur
Old Sep 11, 2017, 7:17 am

mnl hkg

will try this out on pr300 as soon as i have enough mmiles.
Old Sep 11, 2017, 9:23 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

It looks very nice I'd have to say
Old Sep 22, 2017, 2:14 am

PR new business class

Yes, the refitted business class on the completely from head to toe renovated Airbus A330-300s is very, very good.

Agree that getting out (especially when seat is fully reclined) can be a challenge if off to the lavatory. Apart from that, no problems at all.
Old Sep 27, 2017, 7:51 pm

Originally Posted by railways1
Agree that getting out (especially when seat is fully reclined) can be a challenge if off to the lavatory. Apart from that, no problems at all.
I'm sure it's a minor inconvenience. You really can't please everybody, but the important thing is it's a bed.

I usually just upright my seat before heading to the loo on CX's business class.

Speaking of CX, PR has a better product now on it's A330's compared to the regional configuration on CX.

CX, you still have a recliner in business and hard shell seats in the back with an outdated IFE system.
Old Jun 22, 2023, 9:07 pm

What is happening with PR's six A333s with the better seating layout?

RP-C8782 looks to have been inoperable since a flight from MNL to CRK on 14 May 2023.

RP-C8786 has been 'stored since April 2023' according to the Airfleets website, and is in MNL, last operating PR101 on 26 April 2023.

The other four (8780/1/3/9) are operating.

There was some crazy plan to fit an extra 50 seats into the A333s 'for repatriation' flights.I don't know if this idea proceeded.

The lack of refurbished A333s has been causing chaos on the MNL-MEL and SYD routes. The first operates five times per week, and the second should be daily.

Some weeks, a few flights have been cancelled, but at other times, the 'old configuration' (extremely substandard) has travelled to and from Australia: planes such as RP-C8766 and RP-C8771.

The last couple of days have been better, with refurbished A333s making the trip on both routes, but when will these two aircraft reenter service?
Old Jun 24, 2023, 8:43 am

Programs: EVA Air , * G, QR Privilege Club S
Aviation in the Philippines is currently in a mess with many flight cancellations and flight delays certainly in PAL and Cebu Pacific. PAL has put out a statement today about bringing an aircraft from the storage and refurbishing and buying A350s etc. It does not solve the current issues and most of the top management had been in front of the senate. What is odd is that the senate themselves don't understand that they have to legislate the laws so the CAB can act on the issues facing disruption.
Now the CAB is trying to reduce the number of flights operated by the airlines in the Philippines not understanding that the main issues were maintenance and lack of spares while they are unable to get the airlines to reroute passengers on other airlines when they are cancellations.
SPN Lifer and ahopkins767 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.