Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Experiences with China Eastern?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2017, 6:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Location: Currently in Bloomington, IN, but Normally NYC, CDG, and even POZ or wherever FT takes me.
Programs: Northwest Airlines. MTA pay-per-ride Metrocard; zero-balance Oyster card.
Experiences with China Eastern?

I found a rather interesting fare JFK-SYD with 3 (!) connections in China on China Eastern.

The price is sweet, and I'm tempted to do it, just because it would be an adventure... but the thing is, I want to stopover in China, and I can't figure out how to do it anywhere. No matter which fare classes I try, any attempt at a stopover in China breaks any fare.

How is their phone line for English speakers? Are their agents knowledgeable and efficient? Would they be able to force a stopover and issue a ticket over the phone? Or should I wait until I'm in NYC and go to JFK and talk to their ground personnel?

I've never had any problems with China or Chinese carriers, I've just never flown China Eastern, and am curious about the general impression that FTers have.

Thanks! :-:

Last edited by notsosmart; Aug 6, 2017 at 2:48 pm
Old Aug 6, 2017, 1:33 pm

Programs: Delta PlM, 1M
I wold resolve the issue in advance.

The one time I had an issue at checkin (at JFK) the agent had to physically go and fetch somebody to fix what I thought was a simple issue.

On the other hand, with phone agents I have had no issues (either US of Shanghai). Some might require you to drop into simplified English, but they seem fairly good. Have always had issues correctly addressed on first call.

The web site is of course near hopeless.
Old Aug 6, 2017, 2:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Location: Currently in Bloomington, IN, but Normally NYC, CDG, and even POZ or wherever FT takes me.
Programs: Northwest Airlines. MTA pay-per-ride Metrocard; zero-balance Oyster card.
Originally Posted by exwannabe

The web site is of course near hopeless.
Cool thanks!

And yes, it is amazingly hopeless!

Nothing but 404s, or links that work to useless and outdated info. This is a multi-billion dollar company listed on the NYSE!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.