Community
Wiki Posts
Search

China Airlines 777 Premium Economy (Y --> W)

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2017, 9:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM/MM
Question China Airlines 777 Premium Economy (Y --> W)

Hi All,

I'm flying CI from TPE-PEK on their new 777. From what I've heard, pax who are CI elites (and possibly SkyTeam Elite+ pax) can get upgraded from Y to W for free -- though the food and service is the same. I called CI after purchasing my ticket, and the CSR said that all of W is blocked off. W is also not a cabin that they sell on this regional flight.

Has anyone had any luck getting one of these premium seats as an elite passenger? If so, how do I go about doing it? Or, is this something that can only be done at airport check-in?
Old May 27, 2017, 2:35 pm

Just try to assign a seat in the 30s range. If you can't, then wompwomp. If you can, then congrats.
Old May 27, 2017, 2:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM/MM
Originally Posted by lolstebbo
Just try to assign a seat in the 30s range. If you can't, then wompwomp. If you can, then congrats.
Nothing in the 30s range is showing as open. It's a shame that being a STE+ pax (I'm a DL Diamond Medallion) doesn't really get me preferred seating on CI.
Old May 28, 2017, 6:10 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
I got preferred seating as a DL DM for a flight in April but I had to call in to do it, although it might also have had to do with the fact my +1 was DFP Gold.
Old May 28, 2017, 1:33 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Dynasty Frequent Flyer (Elite Plus),Accor Platinum
Even though your Delta diamond (skyteam elite plus) usually (apart from maybe lucky with phone call) they wont usually upgrade you until checking in. Why?

Well DFP members get first chioce even gold members. Which a TPE-PEK flight will have lots of DFP elite members who do business. Golds are especially numerous.

With only 31 seats you can see why they wouldnt open it up if a DFP member emerald say booked a week ahead and couldnt get an upgrade due to full cabin filled with 6/8 elite plus members.

All skyteam members airlines work this way. Delta silvers probably have higher upgrade rankings on flights than Sky team elite plus on those domestic flights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.