Community
Wiki Posts
Search

China Airlines (CI) biz amenity kit

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2017, 3:19 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
China Airlines (CI) biz amenity kit

New amenity kit, or at least new to me since last year

Contents:
  • eye shade
  • Institute Karité Paris shea hand cream and lip balm
  • Moroccan Oil Treatment "for all hair types"
  • lens/screen wipe
  • toothbrush, toothpaste, flossers
  • ballpoint pen
  • wooden comb
  • a CI A350 "memorable sticker" (that's what it says on the back )

The sticker is mildly noteworthy since this was still a B777 flight, but I wonder if the kit was refreshed specifically for the A350 launch.

The case itself is hard(ish)-sided, much nicer than the previous folding whatever that felt a bit amateurish. It's very similar to the clamshell style of Tumi amenity kit cases on DL except a bit longer front-to-back and a bit shorter top-to-bottom. Unlike the DL cases it has webbed holders on both sides.

Although I think I preferred the Acca Kappa toiletries (which were still in the lavs).

Name:  1491555468-picsay.jpg
Views: 1781
Size:  476.0 KB

Last edited by Zorak; Apr 7, 2017 at 4:04 pm Reason: inserting image directly into the post vs. attachment
Old Apr 7, 2017, 7:39 am

any chance to show us what the case looks like ?
Also, any idea is this is the same kit for premium economy as well
Old Apr 7, 2017, 10:00 am

This travel blogger has additional pictures of the new kit: http://liveandletsfly.boardingarea.c...usiness-class/

W kit is a smaller version of it (more like a pencil case in shape). Not sure about the contents; I have one but it's unopened.
Old Apr 7, 2017, 12:57 pm

Programs: BR Diamond, Dynasty Flyer Paragon, Marriott Lifetime Plat
The hand cream, lip balm, and hair treatment thing look like things you would find in a hospital cabinet. Very poor looking.

Also the kit they use is the same as the W kit on BR.

Last edited by hayzel7773; Apr 7, 2017 at 1:04 pm
Old Apr 7, 2017, 2:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Some pix side-by-side with the DL case for scale (the vertical lines are a camera/JPEG artifact, the actual appearance is uniform):

Name:  1491597578-picsay.jpg
Views: 782
Size:  601.3 KB

Name:  1491597592-picsay.jpg
Views: 810
Size:  691.7 KB

The thin rectangular tag on the webbing on the right side of the photo says "CHINA AIRLINES" with the plum blossom and SkyTeam logos, but on the side that faces inward.

Name:  1491597602-picsay.jpg
Views: 783
Size:  1,023.7 KB
Old Apr 7, 2017, 4:06 pm
Original Poster

Oh, I did have a picture in my original post but just realized I'd only attached it w/o inserting it into the post itself. I think it was still accessible, but have gone back and edited it in anyway.
Old Apr 7, 2017, 5:11 pm

Originally Posted by hayzel7773
The hand cream, lip balm, and hair treatment thing look like things you would find in a hospital cabinet. Very poor looking.
The hair treatment thing definitely looks like cough syrup. The hand cream and lip balm are packaged like what I'd find from semi-upscale Western-market skincare shops, though (I have a tube of L'Occitane hand cream that's packaged just like the depicted hand cream, for example).
Old Apr 8, 2017, 3:58 am

I was bummed recently to not find earplugs in the amenity kit...must block snoring!
Old Apr 9, 2017, 1:18 am

Here's the updated W kit:

For reference, here's the old W kit:

Contents are basically the same, but the packaging is significantly improved.
Old Apr 10, 2017, 5:14 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Shamrock55
I was bummed recently to not find earplugs in the amenity kit...must block snoring!
While packing for the next phase of our trip, mom gave me her amenity kit to pack in my luggage and hers includes earplugs they're in a small cardboard container, so I'd think I'd notice if mine had fallen out along the way but maybe not?
Old Apr 10, 2017, 9:11 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
Nice detail.
Meh I still like the Rimowa boxes much better.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.