Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other Asian, Australian, and South Pacific Airlines
Reload this Page >

China Eastern worst customer care in the Asia , or the world ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

China Eastern worst customer care in the Asia , or the world ?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2017, 6:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Exec Gold , Qatar Priviledge Club Plat
Angry China Eastern worst customer care in Asia , or the world ?

Okay so i have been trying for the last 20 days to cancel a passenger in my booking , which is myself in this context. I have called and called every single number listed on MU website and they either do not work, hang up , ring forever or call agent doesn't speak english. I decided today to stay up to 3am so when the call centre opens up at 9am i can hopefully get it all sorted , surprise surprise held for 60mins +. If i do not cancel my ticket i will be charged a no show fee, this has really really annoyed me to the point where i have sworn allegiance to the ," i hate MU club." If this is just the customer service now , can you imagine the flight !

Last edited by Flame3601; May 6, 2017 at 2:28 pm
Old Mar 10, 2017, 8:14 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

You tried 95530, and nobody answered?
Old Mar 12, 2017, 4:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I lost my bag recently due to a BA delay that caused me to miss my connection in Heathrow. Rather than wait until the next day to get on the BA flight I asked them to transfer me to the MU flight that evening. They did this and I had a great flight in business class with better seats and service than BA on the way over. He only problem was once in Shanghai my bag didn't show due to BA not transferring it to MU properly at LHR.

I went to the MU baggage center and the guys there were polite and professional, told me their computer showed the bag was still in London and that they'd put a request in to get it and call me when it arrives. They called me the next day and delivered the bag to my office. I was very impressed both with the MU seat and service and also the help with the bag.

Im not by any means saying they are the best, but with a bit of patience they can be helpful. All the Chinese airlines are much better than even 2-3 years ago. I'd say that MU doesn't have the world's or Asia's worst service. You've just been unlucky.
Old Mar 12, 2017, 10:50 am

Programs: MPC,CA,MU,AF
Originally Posted by travelinmanS
I lost my bag recently due to a BA delay that caused me to miss my connection in Heathrow. Rather than wait until the next day to get on the BA flight I asked them to transfer me to the MU flight that evening. They did this and I had a great flight in business class with better seats and service than BA on the way over. He only problem was once in Shanghai my bag didn't show due to BA not transferring it to MU properly at LHR.

I went to the MU baggage center and the guys there were polite and professional, told me their computer showed the bag was still in London and that they'd put a request in to get it and call me when it arrives. They called me the next day and delivered the bag to my office. I was very impressed both with the MU seat and service and also the help with the bag.

Im not by any means saying they are the best, but with a bit of patience they can be helpful. All the Chinese airlines are much better than even 2-3 years ago. I'd say that MU doesn't have the world's or Asia's worst service. You've just been unlucky.
MU flight service was great even three years ago. I flew HKG-SHA (or HKG-PVG?) then PVG-SFO (they started that that month IIRC) in business class in April 2014. They had better seats and services than CX (and of course better than BA, which I flew on TLV-LHR and LHR-HKG that trip).

I am uncertain about their phone service though. I never called them.
Old Mar 12, 2017, 11:04 am

Originally Posted by cxfan1960

I am uncertain about their phone service though. I never called them.
95330 is fine ime.
Old Mar 12, 2017, 12:47 pm

MU has some of the best hard products in the sky: double bed in F, reverse herringbone in J, so on, but its soft product is inconsistent compared to some of the top Asian carriers. Its customers are mainly mainland Chinese whose expectations are different from typical Westerners.
Old Mar 12, 2017, 3:27 pm
Original Poster

Thanks everyone for their contribution , but seriously waiting 60mins at 3 am to get something sorted via the phone , in addition waited 2 and half hours waiting to get it changed today via the HKG office .... nothing !

What a waste of time
Old Mar 12, 2017, 4:13 pm

deleted
Old Mar 26, 2017, 7:56 am

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/2MM, AA Plat, IC Diam. Amb., Peninsula regular, amanjunkie
How are operations with MU at PVG these days? Delays, cancellations, diversions? Weather?

Suffered a horrific weather-induced diversion on MU last time. Anxious about the upcoming return.
Old Mar 26, 2017, 1:24 pm

Programs: Delta PlM, 1M
Originally Posted by tth6133
MU has some of the best hard products in the sky: double bed in F, reverse herringbone in J, so on, but its soft product is inconsistent compared to some of the top Asian carriers. Its customers are mainly mainland Chinese whose expectations are different from typical Westerners.
I do not at all disagree that they have good hard product on ling haul fligfhts, particularly when you factor in price. At this moment in time, it is IMO the best TPAC value.

But to call these soft issues on res/ticking/seats/checkin "inconsistent compared to some of the top Asian carriers" is being generous. They are at best somewhat challenging, and at worst a complete pain.

I put my cash into the seat, so I will fly them. But I do know others will avoid for exactly these reasons.

A modest improvement in these areas would provide a significant bang for the buck to the average non Chinese customer.
Old Mar 26, 2017, 1:56 pm

Originally Posted by exwannabe
I do not at all disagree that they have good hard product on ling haul fligfhts, particularly when you factor in price. At this moment in time, it is IMO the best TPAC value.

But to call these soft issues on res/ticking/seats/checkin "inconsistent compared to some of the top Asian carriers" is being generous. They are at best somewhat challenging, and at worst a complete pain.

I put my cash into the seat, so I will fly them. But I do know others will avoid for exactly these reasons.

A modest improvement in these areas would provide a significant bang for the buck to the average non Chinese customer.
I agree MU (or any other Chinese carrier for that matter) would significantly improve its perception outside of China if it puts effort in understanding the needs and expectation of non-Chinese customers. Unlike other non-Chinese Asian carriers, it has a huge internal market that it doesn't have to worry too much about its non-Chinese customers. This is a common problem for Chinese companies in general, not just airlines.
Old May 5, 2017, 7:33 pm
Original Poster

Angry Round 6

Round 6...
3am

I have been on hold for the last 30 mins to HK call centre , Shanghai's " 24/7" call centre doesn't even work or connect, all i get is the engaged tone. All i want to do is cancel a ticket , honestly never had such poor CS in my life and thinking the hold music is making me insane

It is really starting to piss me off
Old May 10, 2017, 6:55 am

Programs: QF, FI, BA, HHonors & Le Club Accorhotels
did you not consider Twitter? I barely call an airline anymore
Old May 10, 2017, 1:53 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by garethlewis
did you not consider Twitter? I barely call an airline anymore
On Face book , got the usual contact us via our call centre number !

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.