Search

D7 to HNL....

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2017, 10:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
Air Asia X (D7) to HNL....

Haven't seen it mentioned in this forum and I swear I hadn't seen anything on the AirAsia website last week but Air Asia X is launching service from KUL to HNL (add on from KUL-KIX?) Service starts 28 June.

Front cabin seats seem to run USD 799 from HNL, RM 2,999 from KUL.

http://www.airasia.com/ot/en/promoti...i-welcome.page

Last edited by YVR Cockroach; Jun 30, 2017 at 6:21 pm Reason: title
Old Feb 20, 2017, 11:21 pm

it's been launched a week ago. not sure the price from HNL, but I think rt in premium from KUL was more or less the similar to your number.

the economy price from KUL rt a week ago is around ~300 SGD if I remember correctly.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 11:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Just booked for October. Only one date still had the MYR 2,999 fare (which includes a choice of meal for each leg). Fare from HNL is at least 2x as much (MYR 6,900) though there are some fares for MYR 2.914.
Old Jun 30, 2017, 6:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Meal choices reduced

After reading Carfield's trip report of the inaugural flight, I went to check my booking and order more food. I was shocked to see that selection offered just earlier this week is now down to just 4 per segment! All the good stuff is gone.

For the first segment, they just offer nasi goreng, a veg curry with briyani, a beef dish with balck sauce and rice, and chicken rendang with basmati rice.

Second segment: Bento box, Chicken teriyaki with rice, green curry with rice and the all-day breakfast fritatta. Rather stiff MYR 60 too (MYR 15 for the segment out of KUL).

FWIW, Air Asia flights out of KUL on the same date offer the full selection so it seems to be limited only to Air Asia X.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.