Wiki Posts
Search

Check aircraft load for a particular flight

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2016, 10:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Question Check aircraft load for a particular flight

Can someone help to check the load in Economy and Business for the below flights? Much appreciated. Wonder how full is economy, anybody gotten upgraded on an MH flight before?

9-Sep-16 MH52 KUL-KIX 23:45-07:15 +1
12-Sep-16 MH53 KIX-KUL 11:00-16:45
Old Aug 24, 2016, 12:19 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, DL Gold, QF Gold, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, WoH Explorist, Shangri-la Jade
KUL-KIX seems to be completely zero'd out.

KIX-KUL:
J4 C4 D4 Z4 I1 U1 Y9 B9 H9 K9 M9 L9 V9 S9 N9 Q9 O9 X2 G0
Old Aug 24, 2016, 7:53 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DreamHigh

KIX-KUL:
I see that means the KUL-KIX flight is 100% full? Glad I got a bulkhead Economy seat with the extra legroom.

Wonder if I should do a bid for upgrade to business class for the KIX-KUL return. Minimum bid is about S$150.
Old Aug 24, 2016, 8:44 pm

Originally Posted by DreamHigh

KIX-KUL:

It's zeroed out likely because it's a long weekend in KUL - the 12th is a holiday, as is the 16th , so lots of people are also taking the 13th/14th and 15th off and bridging it to make a long holiday
Old Aug 24, 2016, 8:45 pm

Originally Posted by lcpteck
I see that means the KUL-KIX flight is 100% full? Glad I got a bulkhead Economy seat with the extra legroom.
could be over 100% - if they've oversold, and most airlines do oversell anyway to account for no-shows.
Old Aug 24, 2016, 10:01 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TGflyergirl
could be over 100% - if they've oversold, and most airlines do oversell anyway to account for no-shows.
Wonder if I'll have a chance for an Op Up to Business Class. Maybe even Business Class is full... Well as long as I get to keep my window seat at 9A, I should be fine.
Old Aug 25, 2016, 5:12 am

Originally Posted by lcpteck
Wonder if I'll have a chance for an Op Up to Business Class. Maybe even Business Class is full... Well as long as I get to keep my window seat at 9A, I should be fine.
If inventory is zero-ed out, does that mean MHupgrade (regardless how high the bid) will no longer be accepted, since MHupgade will book into I class?

I usually use Seat Alerts to check J class load and it's pretty accurate. Y's load won't be that accurate using this method though.
Anw seat alert shows only 2 empty seats in J! Such good load on your flight!

Wishing you all the best to score an Op Up, but don't Op Up but have to make do with Y meal like me
Old Aug 25, 2016, 8:36 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tingtongbells
If inventory is zero-ed out, does that mean MHupgrade (regardless how high the bid) will no longer be accepted, since MHupgade will book into I class?

I usually use Seat Alerts to check J class load and it's pretty accurate. Y's load won't be that accurate using this method though.
Anw seat alert shows only 2 empty seats in J! Such good load on your flight!

Wishing you all the best to score an Op Up, but don't Op Up but have to make do with Y meal like me
I see, thanks for the info regarding Seat Alerts, looks neat. Yeah only 2 aisle seats left in the middle row.

Hmm, return flight is only half full. Maybe I'll do an MHupgrade minimum bid.
Old Aug 25, 2016, 10:55 pm

Originally Posted by tingtongbells
No - because inventory can be force booked. (not just for I, but for any class)

However, because MHupgrades are processed at T-48 before any no show impact is felt, they'll likely decline a bid on a flight that is booked solid. However if I is 0, but JCDZ are showing 4, they CAN force book and accept the upgrade.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.