Eva Air Booking Issue

Old Feb 11, 2016, 3:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Platinum, FPC Platinum, Marriott/Ritz-Carlton Platinum Elite, Accor Platinum, AC SE, MPC SL
Eva Air Booking Issue

Hello FTers,

I need to book my sister on an Eva Air ticket in Premium Economy for the following:

YYZ-TPE-CGK on Apr 8
CGK-TPE-YVR-YYZ on Apr 18

Need to connect via Vancouver on the inbound leg because she doesn't want to stay over in TPE (if flying direct TPE-YYZ). The Eva Air website doesn't support this booking because they don't fly YVR-YYZ and cannot do partner airline bookings.

I have tried the big online booking websites like Expedia/Kayak but they were unsuccessful.

Any help is appreciated! Thanks in advance.
Old Feb 11, 2016, 3:52 pm

Had she tried local TA?
Old Feb 11, 2016, 5:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Platinum, FPC Platinum, Marriott/Ritz-Carlton Platinum Elite, Accor Platinum, AC SE, MPC SL
Originally Posted by neuro0
Had she tried local TA?
She's not travel-savvy and I'm rarely in the city I don't know anyone. If anyone has a recommendation I would be appreciative.
Old Feb 11, 2016, 6:31 pm

go to google flights and put your itinerary in. it will return the flights you want and where to buy. in fact one fare returned was by calling EVA directly.
Old Feb 11, 2016, 6:48 pm
Original Poster

Eva Air Booking Issue

You've tried this in Premium Economy? Because I already tried that and yielded nada. I've also called Eva and said they can't help.
Old Feb 11, 2016, 11:35 pm

Different airline? Cathay Pacific is the same price as EVA with a 6 hour layover in HK, 4 hours on the way there.
Old Feb 12, 2016, 12:58 am

Programs: EVA Diamond, Hilton Gold, National Exec
Originally Posted by BuBu4
Different airline? Cathay Pacific is the same price as EVA with a 6 hour layover in HK, 4 hours on the way there.
Plus Cathay Pacific gives you Premium Economy service all the way to CGK, while EVA only has Economy service TPE-CGK-TPE.
Old Feb 13, 2016, 7:03 am

Most online TA will not be able to price mix class trip. Since BR does not provide PE intra-asia, online TA will not find anything.
If you insist doing it online, fly CX like someone suggested above or buy the YVR to YYZ ticket separately which likely to cost more.
Or try book a ticket for EVA in all Y from online TA, then call the online TA to change your booking to PE. If they said no, call EVA. If all fail, refund your ticket in 24 hours for no penalty.
Old Feb 13, 2016, 7:12 am

Not-related, but does anyone know why EVA does not allow bookings on their website from Mainland China to North America, but allows the reverse if starting destination is in North America?
Old Feb 17, 2016, 1:18 pm
Original Poster

Eva Air Booking Issue

Thanks everyone. My sister consistently flies PEY TPE-CGK-TPE. I'm guessing this was by luck if she gets the Boeing plane. If it's the Airbus then no PEY.
Old Feb 17, 2016, 5:00 pm

Originally Posted by jackson112233
Not-related, but does anyone know why EVA does not allow bookings on their website from Mainland China to North America, but allows the reverse if starting destination is in North America?
Because PRC citizens can transit through TPE only if they're departing from one of three cities (Chongqing, Kunming, and Nanchang) and they're likely assuming that if you're booking a flight from Mainland China to anywhere beyond Taiwan then you're probably a PRC passport holder.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.