MH at KUL Transit Question

Old Sep 6, 2015, 1:08 am
Original Poster

MH at KUL Transit Question

We are arriving into KUL on MH from BKK and leaving the next morning to KTM. It appears both flights arrive/leave from the Main Terminal Building. Can we stay airside and get access to the Sama Sama Express hotel located in the Satellite building or do we have to clear customs/immigration? Thanks.
Old Sep 6, 2015, 3:39 am

Originally Posted by riced
We are arriving into KUL on MH from BKK and leaving the next morning to KTM. It appears both flights arrive/leave from the Main Terminal Building. Can we stay airside and get access to the Sama Sama Express hotel located in the Satellite building or do we have to clear customs/immigration? Thanks.
You can stay airside, and not clear immigration if you don't want to.

The Main terminal building and the Satellite are not separated by barriers or checks. You can go up and down as many times as you like - you're only limited by the frequency of the trains.
Old Sep 9, 2015, 9:34 am

Programs: Accor Platinum, IHG DA
Originally Posted by riced

sama sama express hotel is located at the building next to the terminal building, so you have to clear customs to reach the hotel.
the hotel does provide buggy to transfer you to the hotel.
Old Sep 9, 2015, 12:43 pm

Programs: MH-Plat OWE, HH-Diamond, SPG-Plat, MR-Plat, IHG-PlatAmb
Originally Posted by jiunsoh
sama sama express hotel is located at the building next to the terminal building, so you have to clear customs to reach the hotel.
the hotel does provide buggy to transfer you to the hotel.
The Sama Sama Express Hotel is located within the satellite terminal building, airside with no need to clear customs. Location and access to the Sama Sama Hotel however is as jiunsoh mentioned above.
Old Sep 9, 2015, 4:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Yes, the Sama-Sama Express hotel (in the satellite building) is different from the Sama-Sama hotel (connected to the main airport building).
Old Oct 7, 2015, 7:34 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Lifetime Gold 1.8mm, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold et al
Somewhat OT but I have a related question about Sama Sama Express which I would appreciate some help with.

I am arriving at KUL from MAN on QR via DOH with my final destination is LGK. I can only find award flights as far as KUL so will buy a KUL-LGK ticket from MH for the final leg.

I understand that I can only access the Express hotel from an international flight with a BP in my possession for the next flight. Is that going to be possible?
Old Oct 7, 2015, 12:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by Blueboys999
Somewhat OT but I have a related question about Sama Sama Express which I would appreciate some help with.

I am arriving at KUL from MAN on QR via DOH with my final destination is LGK. I can only find award flights as far as KUL so will buy a KUL-LGK ticket from MH for the final leg.

I understand that I can only access the Express hotel from an international flight with a BP in my possession for the next flight. Is that going to be possible?
As the Sama Sama Express Hotel is located in the International Satellite terminal, you cannot access that as you are on a domestic flight to LGK and you would need to clear immigration. You may be able to thru check your bags to LGK though but you'd have to linger around the domestic area of the airport while waiting for your flight. If its the next day, your options are the benches or checking in at the main Sama Sama hotel or taking the train into town.

You cannot go back to the International Satellite terminal on a domestic ticket.
Old Oct 7, 2015, 12:34 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
The person is arriving into KUL from DOH, which is an international flight. Unless something has changed, KUL doesn't segregate arriving and departing international passengers (I used the MH lounge as an arrivals lounge for a shower with no problem), so couldn't the person just stay airside in the international area, especially if there's no checked luggage. To me, this suggests that it would be possible to get to the Sama Sama Express Hotel, although the hotel might have a rule about requiring a departing international boarding pass.
Old Oct 7, 2015, 5:44 pm

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
If its the next day, your options are the benches or checking in at the main Sama Sama hotel or taking the train into town
Aside from the fact, corrected in following post, that international arrival grants physical access to the Sama Sama (although unclear if onward BP is needed) there are more options than "benches", the main Sama Sama hotel or town.

The Concorde Inn is a short shuttle ride away, and there are several options at KLIA2 (which is also short train or bus ride away) including Tune Hotel, rooms at landside Plaza Premium Lounge and even the Capsule/Container hotel (pods). Plenty of options.
Old Oct 7, 2015, 8:54 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA Lifetime Gold 1.8mm, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold et al
Thanks for all the helpful advice.

The hotel's website states that a BP for a departing flight is required at check-in but all the experiences I've read elsewhere relate to another international flight out of Malaysia rather than an international to domestic connection. I'm familiar with the Sama Sama beyond Immigration and like it but the connection is only a few hours so it doesn't seem worthwhile using that.

I'll email the hotel and report back.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.