Wiki Posts
Search

Upper deck on China Airlines 747 BKK-TPE

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2015, 5:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat, DL PM (not for long)
Upper deck on China Airlines 747 BKK-TPE

I'm on a Delta business award ticket, flying BKK-TPE-JFK in about a month. The BKK-TPE leg is on a 744, and I'd love a seat on the upper deck.

However, when I called CI for seat assignments, the agent said that they weren't assigning seats there (as if all the seats were blocked off). Is there anyway to snag one?
Old Apr 28, 2015, 3:02 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Dynasty Frequent Flyer (Elite Plus),Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by discstickers
I'm on a Delta business award ticket, flying BKK-TPE-JFK in about a month. The BKK-TPE leg is on a 744, and I'd love a seat on the upper deck.

However, when I called CI for seat assignments, the agent said that they weren't assigning seats there (as if all the seats were blocked off). Is there anyway to snag one?
Quite often but not always they use the upper deck 747 for regional routes sold to their members (gold,emeralds and paragon) who paid for economy.So they get a business class seat but economy service.

Have a look if they are using using the first class equiped 747. If so your best to book rows 1-5 though its not 100 percent certain they wont change to a non first class 747 if there are equipment issues.
Old Apr 30, 2015, 4:52 am

Programs: CI Paragon, AF Gold, Bonvoy Ambassador Elite, Shangri-La Jade
Quite often they block off seat selection to passengers originating from SE Asia, presumably to reserve it for passengers on return leg back to Taiwan. Seat reservation can be made when online check-in is available, though I am not aware how it would work for a DL award flight.
Old Apr 30, 2015, 10:37 am

Programs: AA, AS, CI, DL, UA
It's likely that the upper deck is reserved for Economy passengers with status.

You should check to reserve seats in the nose. It's equally good if not better than the upper deck except the loud noise at departure and landing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.