Wiki Posts
Search

Air China - Problems with online ticket purchase

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2015, 1:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage Gold
Air China - Problems with online ticket purchase

Last night and this morning I tried to book a trip LHR-PEK, PEK-HKG, HKG-LHR but when I came to pay. I am in the UK using a UK mastercard, using the chrome browser.

I got the following error messages:

On a otherwise blank webpage

21000230:Request 7358479, VALUE null OF FIELD ORDER.COUNTRYCODE IS TOO LONG (MAX LENGTH: 2)

and then on the Air China website

We have difficulty with the finalisation of the external payment. Please call the financial institution that issued your credit card. (4686 - 4685)

I suspect that it is a problem with their payments solution. My card issuer says all is fine their end and they have not been presented with a request.

Has anyone else had this problem? Anyone booking OK?
Old Apr 27, 2015, 11:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage Gold
OK, I eventually tried using IE not Chrome, and the payment went through.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 9:05 pm

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
Glad you got it to work easily enough. Their website is absolute crap so not surprised it's not multi browser capable. Their payment processing seems equally as unreliable. I've had them insist in the call center before that they only accept Chinese credit cards on the website. Lol. I then pointed out to them that I had already bought 5 tickets in the previous year using a foreign credit card on the website. It was met with silence then just "please try again".
Old Apr 28, 2015, 12:17 am

Programs: Marriot Am, MU Pt
I think the site uses ActiveX controls, so you need to use IE... Yeah still in the stone age.

Their award site is impossible to use, but at least their Platinum line is competent and very powerful (AKA basically can get award seats on most flights—including requesting award space from paid inventory).
Old May 25, 2015, 5:06 am

Thanks for the Thread. I have just met the same problem for payment with Chrome. Problem now solved when I switched to Firefox. I think maybe China still has Google Issues.
Old May 25, 2015, 10:11 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
Originally Posted by PHCorkill
OK, I eventually tried using IE not Chrome, and the payment went through.
Originally Posted by koenigz
I think maybe China still has Google Issues.
That's why I was shocked for a second that Chrome works better than I.E.
Old May 29, 2015, 9:57 am

Programs: Lifetime Plat Marriott
LAX to BKK....Air China

So we are interested in going to Thailand so I saw a recent SmarTours packet that put together a pretty decent trip. They added a premium of $3100 for Biz Class and they use Air China. Well, I discovered that I can book my air directly for just a couple hundred more (so I can just purchase land only option if we do tour).

However, I don't even see LAX to BKK as an option on Air China's website. I already confirmed that the tour company does not charter flight, so why wouldn't it be available online?

Can anyone fill in the blanks for me? Im actually looking at biz class on Southern Air China ...biz class 3385, on the big bird that holds 500 people and the biz class is on 2nd level....A 380, I think. We took similar bird out of LAX to Australia on British Airways and it was pretty cool. I doubt they can hold a candle to BA, but that's okay.

Thanks!
Old May 29, 2015, 12:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by kymbakitty
So we are interested in going to Thailand so I saw a recent SmarTours packet that put together a pretty decent trip. They added a premium of $3100 for Biz Class and they use Air China. Well, I discovered that I can book my air directly for just a couple hundred more (so I can just purchase land only option if we do tour).

However, I don't even see LAX to BKK as an option on Air China's website. I already confirmed that the tour company does not charter flight, so why wouldn't it be available online?

Can anyone fill in the blanks for me? Im actually looking at biz class on Southern Air China ...biz class 3385, on the big bird that holds 500 people and the biz class is on 2nd level....A 380, I think. We took similar bird out of LAX to Australia on British Airways and it was pretty cool. I doubt they can hold a candle to BA, but that's okay.

Thanks!
1. "Southern Air China" presumably refers to "China Southern Airlines"
-in 1987, CAAC exited commercial aviation, and independent airlines were created
-it is NOT possible to book China Southern flights on Air China's website

2. Since your objective is to transport yourself between Los Angeles and Bangkok, you should note that it is not necessary to fly on a Chinese airline in order to accomplish such

3. If you really want to fly Air China, there are many channels (in addition to their website) at your disposal

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.