Old Feb 9, 2015, 4:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Earning devaluations (prospective only):
  • J fare class goes from 150% > 175%
  • Z fare class goes from 150% > 125%
  • L, V, S fare classes go from 70% > 85%
  • N, Q, O go from 50% to 25%

Spending devaluation (retroactive to miles already earned):
  • The cost of more “aspirational” redemptions goes up substantially. For example, under the current award chart, a roundtrip Zone 5 award (from Kuala Lumpur to Europe, for example) costs 60,000 miles in economy, 110,000 miles in business class, or 320,000 miles in first class. Under the new chart it costs 65,000 miles in economy, 150,000 miles in business class, or 520,000(!!!!) miles in first class.

Spending improvements (retroactive to miles already earned):
  • Zone 1 & 2 redemptions are indeed going down in price. For example, a roundtrip economy Zone 1 saver award goes from costing 15,000 miles to costing 12,000 miles.

Source: http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...t-devaluation/
Old Feb 9, 2015, 5:05 pm

Programs: AA
I've burned up all my Enrich miles before, they had some excellent 50% off discounts previously but with redemption rates like these it doesn't make any sense to attempt to redeem anything with MH premium cabins anymore.

Thankfully I'm still getting pretty decent rates to transfer to Krisflyer and Asia Miles from some of my Malaysian credit card. Time to build up Krisflyer I guess.
Old Feb 10, 2015, 1:57 am

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Originally Posted by gameover98
I've burned up all my Enrich miles before, they had some excellent 50% off discounts previously but with redemption rates like these it doesn't make any sense to attempt to redeem anything with MH premium cabins anymore.

Thankfully I'm still getting pretty decent rates to transfer to Krisflyer and Asia Miles from some of my Malaysian credit card. Time to build up Krisflyer I guess.
Yeah my CC points are also aimed at KF or AM.

The reason I fly MH is cause of their promo pricing (Elite FFP status gained along the way is a plus) so I'm not worried about the mileage accrual. Hope to redeem an upgrade before the miles expires.

Btw, the one-way upgrades can it be done on any fare code? Doesn't really say anywhere on the website.

UPDATE:

Okay it seems you need at least an N or Q farecode to upgrade. Or am I reading it wrong and it needs at least a K or M farecode?
Old Feb 10, 2015, 8:37 am

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
One thing that is unclear to me is what happens if we want to change to date/time after the changes:

If I have a redemption ticket issued based on the old redemption chart, will the new redemption chart rates apply?
Any change to the route or change to higher class on or after 00:00 (GMT +0800hrs), 16 February 2015 will be subject to the new redemption miles. A penalty fee of USD20 will apply to the changes made within the ticket validity.
From this it would suggest, if the same booking class is available, and no stopover etc are introduced then time/date changes would only incur the USD 20 penalty and not be rebooked on new tables, but obviously if routing changes or move to a different fare class then the new table applies. I called one person and checked and she confirmed. But I am "ye of little faith" when it comes to this matters. Think I will try another operator as well.
Old Feb 10, 2015, 1:22 pm

Programs: QF Plat, VA Plat, MH Silver, IHG Plat, Accor Plat
Huge devaluation in the Enrich programme and this will turn many people off them. The redemption rates had been ridiculously low and warranted maybe a 25-30% increase but not almost a 100% increase. I've been a supporter of MH through the tough times but even this is testing my loyalty to them. You simply don't make it harder to earn AND harder to burn. QF makes it hard to burn but easy to earn. MH has made a terrible mistake with this one, I'm afraid. You need to give people a reason to fly you, especially when your brand is badly damaged.
Old Feb 10, 2015, 8:13 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Le Club Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold, M&C Gold, SPG Gold
Had a good look through these changes yesterday:

Part 1 – Understanding the New Enrich Miles Earning Rates for Malaysia Airlines

Part 2 – Understanding the New Award Chart for Redemptions Using Enrich Miles

Part 3 – Enrich Travel Companion Awards Increases Dramatically

Part 4 – Smaller Changes to Upgrades Using Enrich Miles

Really isn't good news, only par tthat isn't too bad are the smaller changes to upgrade prices.
Old Feb 11, 2015, 7:30 am
Suspended

Programs: Enrich Sapphire. Kris Flyer Silver.Le Club Accorhotels,Starwood.
Not looking good for MH with these changes...I actually feel sorry for loyal customers who fly MH on a regular basis..looks like they are going to lose out on the big MH push to get aussie flyers to use MH to get to Europe...

Looks like the malaysians (their biggest customers) have been thrown to the dogs with these new rates.

What will they think of next?
Old Feb 11, 2015, 7:46 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Originally Posted by wolf72
Not looking good for MH with these changes...I actually feel sorry for loyal customers who fly MH on a regular basis..looks like they are going to lose out on the big MH push to get aussie flyers to use MH to get to Europe...
Can they credit to AA http://www.aa.com/i18n/AAdvantage/ea...iaairlines.jsp ? Everything but NOQ
Old Feb 11, 2015, 9:03 am

Originally Posted by percysmith
Can they credit to AA http://www.aa.com/i18n/AAdvantage/ea...iaairlines.jsp ? Everything but NOQ
Unfortunately NOQ are the promo tickets (mainly O).
Old Feb 11, 2015, 6:38 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Le Club Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold, M&C Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by lcpteck
Unfortunately NOQ are the promo tickets (mainly O).
You can fly an awfully long way on a "O" class fare!
Old Feb 11, 2015, 9:10 pm

Originally Posted by AddictedTraveller
You can fly an awfully long way on a "O" class fare!
True, just that you can't credit mileage to any other program.
Old Feb 12, 2015, 1:54 am
Suspended

Programs: Enrich Sapphire. Kris Flyer Silver.Le Club Accorhotels,Starwood.
No..can't credit to AA sadly.

Sad.
Old Feb 16, 2015, 8:13 am

Programs: KrisFlyer, AA, Qantas, SPG, Marriott
What other FF membership is everyone moving to?
Old Feb 16, 2015, 11:50 am

Programs: QF Plat, VA Plat, MH Silver, IHG Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by jubbing
Looks like I will have to go back to QF. Was hoping to stay with MH programme after the big changes that happened with QF last year but there is absolutely no point now with these huge devaluations at MH.
Old Feb 16, 2015, 6:46 pm

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
Originally Posted by jubbing
Given that most of my bookings on MH are in N, Q & O class then there is no other choice but MH Enrich. But it is a factor that makes it less likely for me to fly MH, amd certainly the discount of MH via KUL vs direct services from SIN needs to be bigger now.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.