FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Other Asian, Australian, and South Pacific Airlines (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other-asian-australian-south-pacific-airlines-470/)
-   -   Vietnam Airlines to introduce new Business Class (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other-asian-australian-south-pacific-airlines/1639072-vietnam-airlines-introduce-new-business-class.html)

soorox Dec 21, 2014 5:55 am

Vietnam Airlines to introduce new Business Class

Sneak Peek at what we are gonna see on VN's newly arriving A350's from mid next year, possibly we will see these on 789's too? Could we see another GA success story in the works? I hope so!

http://giaothongvantai.com.vn/dataim...6_IMG_5005.JPG

http://giaothongvantai.com.vn/ban-do...rlines-568926/

enzo0511 Dec 22, 2014 5:11 am

it looks cheap vs all other business class seats from competing Asian airlines

lolstebbo Dec 22, 2014 7:17 am

It's the same damn seat that CX and MU use.

TPJ Dec 23, 2014 7:04 am

Originally Posted by lolstebbo (Post 24036181)

... which is the best seat in the market....

IceTrojan Dec 24, 2014 1:38 am

Originally Posted by TPJ (Post 24041308)

Let's up VN doens't manage to find a way to take the best seat in the market and make it MEH. If that's the final seat mockup, then I'm very happy they decided to go with a more muted neutral coloration rather than their "teal... TEAL EVERYWHERE!" scheme.

I'm also hoping that they are able to cope with this advanced technology... they're barely keeping their manual-adjustment seats in operation (and sometimes, not).

This mention of a rebranding is also intriguing. Perhaps they realized that having a dark colored fleet based in a warm-to-hot climate isn't the best thing in the world?

Sad to see the 772s go, but those beasts definitely need to find a new home that will actually maintain the interior well.

IceTrojan Dec 24, 2014 1:50 am

Originally Posted by lolstebbo (Post 24036181)

You forgot AA, BR, QR, US, AF, AY, DL...

Annalisa12 Dec 26, 2014 11:53 pm

Originally Posted by TPJ (Post 24041308)

Is it really? It looks like an angled flat bed. :td:

exwannabe Dec 27, 2014 5:37 pm

Most of the 1-2-1 herrignbones are about the same to me. But this looks like nether the CX nor BR seats that I know of.

Look at the side edge (the wall that separates the pax from the aisle) of the seat as it comes down from the head area to the armrest. This starts out almost square with a bit a bulge. BR's has a sweeping curve with almost no sidewall at the top. And CX has a big bulge near the head.

Also the side consoles on all have different locations for the seat control. And other differences are obvious.

I do think they took a HORRIBLE picture, as the pax is not in full recline (and I would be certain this does recline fully to the 5% or whatever is left to allow for nose up cruise).

All that is trivial though compared to one serious issue. If one looks at the sidewall under the tray table, there is a open area about even with the pax's waist. This would tend to indicate a reduction in the footwell for the pax behind him. Ugh.

Of course this could all be a marketing mockup, so mist wait for firsthand looks.

IceTrojan Dec 27, 2014 9:22 pm

The shell around the seat is customized for each airline customer, such as contours, switches, features.

However, I'm certain that seat is the Zodiac Cirrus seat, the same model used by CX, BR, AA, etc.

Compare the following to the other airlines' seats:
- Location of swing-out tray table.
- The outboard armrest (which should lowes by pushing the button).
- The storage compartment (CX has a closing door with a mirror; AA's is open but with 2 bars to hold things in).
- The coat hook.

Plus, I've flown in the seat enough to spot them from a mile away.

And yes, they are 180-degree lie-flats.

MSPeconomist Dec 27, 2014 11:06 pm

I don't think the guy in the picture looks very comfortable at all.

adampenrith Dec 27, 2014 11:12 pm

Done a couple of domestic flights recently on VN in J and the domestic product was very good for the short haul flights, HAN to HUI and NHA to SGN,

The staff from check in to cabin crew were awesome - so this is only an improvement for the long hauls

IceTrojan Dec 27, 2014 11:14 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist (Post 24061295)
I don't think the guy in the picture looks very comfortable at all.

If I make myself look extremely uncomfortable in Etihad's Residence, would that turn you off? :D

It looks like a screengrab, which means it's probably not the "pax" at his best.

I love the Cirrus seat (and have yet fly JAL's new J), so the pic doesn't bother me. I'm just concerned with how VN will outfit the space. Unless they have outside consultants, I just don't think VN is very forward thinking.

lolstebbo Dec 29, 2014 8:44 pm

Originally Posted by LAXative (Post 24060975)
The shell around the seat is customized for each airline customer, such as contours, switches, features.

Hell, AA has two variants of the same damn Cirrus seat (three if you include US's original-edition variant).