Wiki Posts
Search

CMB-lounge

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2016, 8:08 am

Programs: QF SG(LTS) - AA LTG(1MM)
Originally Posted by Ausriver
Does the lounges open 24 hours?
I have never seen them closed. The Serendiva certainly is open as it is part of the transit hotel.

Happy wandering

Fred
Old Jun 27, 2016, 9:16 pm

Programs: CX DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
Do you know how much the transit hotel charge? I wrote them an email 2 days ago and still hasnt heard from them yet.
Old Jun 27, 2016, 10:11 pm

Programs: SK EBG, BAEC Gold
Some more details about the airside transit hotel here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/asia/...ort-hotel.html

See posts #5 and #8 in particular for pricing
Old Jun 28, 2016, 2:02 am

Do you know how much the transit hotel charge? I wrote them an email 2 days ago and still hasnt heard from them yet.
Transit hotel is US$ 55 for 6 hours. The rooms are very bare bones and not very comfortable, but if you are just looking for somewere to sleep, it is not so bad.
Old Jun 28, 2016, 6:07 am

perfect. All i want is something simple & easy. Only thing I worried about is the checked luggage. who is going to collect it?
Old Jun 28, 2016, 9:45 pm
Suspended

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA EXP
perfect. All i want is something simple & easy. Only thing I worried about is the checked luggage. who is going to collect it?
Jeez mate- you are one nervous cx dm. Just show your luggage tag from the previous flight at the colombo transfer desk and all will be sorted. Even if your flight is a few hours away and checkin isnt open- the luggage will be tagged for transfer and when your boarding passes arrive the new luggage tags will be available too. Other option just have hand carry.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 7:42 am

Originally Posted by ashkale
Jeez mate- you are one nervous cx dm. Just show your luggage tag from the previous flight at the colombo transfer desk and all will be sorted. Even if your flight is a few hours away and checkin isnt open- the luggage will be tagged for transfer and when your boarding passes arrive the new luggage tags will be available too. Other option just have hand carry.

Great to know that.

Do I need to go to my airline desk or there is one transfer desk handles all airlines?
Old Jun 29, 2016, 8:42 am
Suspended

Great to know that.

Do I need to go to my airline desk or there is one transfer desk handles all airlines?
There is only one desk split into ul and non ul j and y.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 5:36 pm

And I guess I could also get my QR boarding pass issued at the desk?
Old Jun 29, 2016, 11:46 pm
Suspended

Yes..
Old Jun 30, 2016, 5:17 am

That's great. I actually thought I would need to collect my luggage, pass through customs, and wait for the check in counter to open...

Now it seems that I can go to the transfer desk to tag my bags and get my boarding pass, then go to the transit hotel for a sleep... How good is that.
Old Nov 14, 2016, 12:55 am

Originally Posted by jah718
Just wanted to report back on my experience in CMB. I was directed to go to the Aralyia lounge which caters for most airlines in CMB. Went to Serendib instead, the lounge dragon was extremely insistent that I was in the wrong place, but when I pointed out the lounge rules, she relented and let me in. The lounge is MUCH smaller than I had envisioned and not very nice at all. Seating is crowded and uncomfortable. The food offering is decent and the bar has a small selection of drinks and Piper Heidseck champagne. Bathrooms are okay with only one shower that is way too hot.

I also checked out the Aralyia lounge which is really quite poor. Cramped seating and very old design. Food options were the best part with similar offering to Serendib.
Just visited all three lounges on my two recent transit at CMB.

I actually found Aralyia better. The food choice are limited, but it's quite with less people and more sofa chair than dining table. It has huge window/screen which provides with a good view. Drink section is help yourself which I prefer over Serendib's bar.

Serendib's bar guy needs more training, when I asked for a whisky, he gave me a 70% full glass of whiksy, one reason being last few drops of a bottle. The dining secion will be closed off for over 30 minutes at meal change. Breakfast options are very limited. And, it is full of people and I have to say that I am OWE travelling in J in order to get in, lounge receptionist took my ticket and said enter first and she will verify, not the best experience.
Old Nov 14, 2016, 3:42 am
Suspended

Just visited all three lounges on my two recent transit at CMB.

I actually found Aralyia better. The food choice are limited, but it's quite with less people and more sofa chair than dining table. It has huge window/screen which provides with a good view. Drink section is help yourself which I prefer over Serendib's bar.

Serendib's bar guy needs more training, when I asked for a whisky, he gave me a 70% full glass of whiksy, one reason being last few drops of a bottle. The dining secion will be closed off for over 30 minutes at meal change. Breakfast options are very limited. And, it is full of people and I have to say that I am OWE travelling in J in order to get in, lounge receptionist took my ticket and said enter first and she will verify, not the best experience.
Believe the entry requirement is travelling in J/F on one world airlines- it can get super crowded due to cluster of UL flights during early afternoon and late evening. They need to make a copy of the BP for the record- think they have a central system handling usage billing with partners. And your nationality for some form of an internal survey(!).
Old Nov 15, 2016, 9:44 am

Programs: QR Gold / OW Sapphire, Le Club Accor Gold, Shangri La Jade

Serendib's bar guy needs more training, when I asked for a whisky, he gave me a 70% full glass of whiksy, one reason being last few drops of a bottle.
Hahahaha - that is exactly how the locals like their whisky glasses filled

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.