Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DPS-KUL-BKK & BKK-KUL-HYD on MH: business or economy?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2014, 12:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold,, Hilton HHonors Gold
DPS-KUL-BKK & BKK-KUL-HYD on MH: business or economy?

Hi,

I have to get from DPS to BKK on December 13 and then BKK to HYD on December 23. Direct TG flights are rather expensive. I am looking at MH and it comes up to GBP 360 in economy and about GBP 825 in business. I am trying to ascertain if the extra premium is worth the cost. three of those flights are on 737-200 and only one of them (DPS-KUL) is a 777-200. Can anyone throw some light on MH regional business class or point me to threads if they already exist?

Any other routing suggestions for these two trips with potential cost reductions are welcome. Air Asia is the last resort. I am not sure if I will enjoy 4.5 hours from DPS to DMK on Air Asia.
Old Sep 4, 2014, 8:27 pm

Programs: QF SG(LTS) - AA LTG(1MM)
MH normally flies 737-800 regionally. The planes are relatively new and Y seating is on a par with the other OW airlines that I have flown. The longest segment you list is about 1870 miles - so about 4 hours.

As to whether to fly business - Do you need the tier points? Do you have the spare cash? Note that MH does charge slightly less per sector on round trip tickets. And at the moment MH sale fares which do not earn mileage (anywhere) are not that much more than Air Asia.

Happy wandering

Fred
Old Sep 8, 2014, 12:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold,, Hilton HHonors Gold
Thanks. I have decided to go for Y. I don't need the tier points.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.