Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Eva Air | Infinity MileageLands
Reload this Page >

Any tips on my 1st Business class trip on BR

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2014, 11:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: TK Gold, Alitalia Gold, AB Gold, MPC, SPG Gold, IHG, Marriott Silvr, BW Plat, AA, BA, JP

I recently booked my first Business Class trip, from YVR- TPE and TPE-SIN on BR thru Aeroplan points. Really excited as my first time in business class. I have been doing some reading on this forum and on Eva air website regarding the seats/ services.
Just was looking for some tips to maximise (enhance) my experience on this trip. I pretty much have no experience of Bus class, so any tips would be appreciated (even small details)....
Thanks in advance....
Old Aug 12, 2014, 11:20 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
The first experience is always unforgettable for all..........

Prebook your food and arrange seat assignment asap with Eva.

Look forward to taking the most front seat of the air craft if I were you.
The closer up front the less engine noises you will hear.

EVA has a good food selection which you can pre-order in advanced.
huge thread about it's food here..........

Don't forget you have Lounge Access.

There's nothing else really to it.
Old Aug 12, 2014, 11:57 pm

Bring the FA a small box of nice chocolate. Don't know if it'll make your flight any better, but you will probably bring a smile to them.
Old Aug 13, 2014, 1:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by Lumpylump76
Bring the FA a small box of nice chocolate. Don't know if it'll make your flight any better, but you will probably bring a smile to them.
That is total unnecessary for Asian based airlines. Airlines base in US yes, as many are underpaid especially UA.
Old Aug 13, 2014, 10:47 pm

Originally Posted by Lumpylump76
I well agree with ORD, On EVA never will you have to do that.
Old Aug 13, 2014, 11:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: TK Gold, Alitalia Gold, AB Gold, MPC, SPG Gold, IHG, Marriott Silvr, BW Plat, AA, BA, JP
Thanks for all the suggestions.... I have booked 7H for YVR-TPE and 2A on TPE-SIN. I was looking for window seat on YVR-TPE for only available are 12 & 13.. Hopefully 7H is not a bad choice..and its Premium Laurel so I guess not as good as Royal Laurel. But I am planning to do most of my sleeping on it.

Any tips for comfortable sleep on Premium Laurel seat....?? Sorry I have been reading a lot on FT, and think lot of people feel its not as comfortable as RL...
I am pretty sure its much more comfortable than Coach.....but since I am on FT, I thought I will ask that question....
Old Aug 13, 2014, 11:34 pm

Honestly can't give you any opinions on the PL

IMO I would avoid it but I guess cause it's YVR I can't put in a feedback.

More comfort and better food/service is a guarantee.
You get what you pay for
Old Aug 14, 2014, 3:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
How exciting for you. I'm sure you'll have a blast!
Old Aug 14, 2014, 5:19 am

Programs: UA 1k now; AA (no status); HY Diamond; SPG Platinum
I have flown a lot on both PL and RL.

Hands down RL wins. PL is a sliding lie flat with no footrest in sleep mode. Hence you are constantly sliding down on the damn seat.

I am not sure about the menu out of YVR. But this month SFO has lobster thermidor. So i will try that.

I had one of the best beef noodle soup on BR225 (Ding Tai Fung beef noodle soup). If that is available definitely order that.

225/226 is being flown by 777. So you can try out the RL.

If you like to drink and have a nice sleep during the flight. Just fill yourself up with DOM.

Enjoy your flight.
Old Aug 14, 2014, 5:36 pm

Programs: AA Platinum for Life (2MM), BR Gold, AS MVP Gold, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Is YVR being serviced with a 747? If so, 7H is a fantastic seat, one of the very best you can get. I fly from SEA frequently and always chose a seat in row 7 on the 747.
Old Aug 15, 2014, 5:24 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by tai4de2
Is YVR being serviced with a 747? If so, 7H is a fantastic seat, one of the very best you can get. I fly from SEA frequently and always chose a seat in row 7 on the 747.
Having suffered PL several times on long haul I can honestly say it sucks. For an Asian airline offering this awful product it has to be avoided at all costs. Taking chocolates to FA ???? that's an insult to Asian people, do you think you can but them.
Old Aug 15, 2014, 10:28 am

Originally Posted by bjbrain
Taking chocolates to FA ???? that's an insult to Asian people, do you think you can but them.
How's that an insult when it's a token of appreciation

Asians love gifts
Old Aug 16, 2014, 1:09 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by ORDnHKG
Airlines base in US yes, as many are underpaid especially UA.
With all due respect - UA F/A's are not underpaid. FR, U2, BA Mixed Fleet, B6 - they make minimum wages - UA pays based on seniority and many UA F/A's are very senior (and yes - disinterested to provide any service, whatsoever).

PS. If you are talking about LHR UA F/A base - yes they are underpaid, and even more disinterested to provide service...
Old Aug 16, 2014, 1:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

High expectation leads to disappointment. So, manage accordingly - especially you won't be on EVA's current generation business class.
Old Aug 16, 2014, 11:47 am

Username is very right

http://www.frugaltravelguy.com/2014/...ectations.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.