Eva Air JFK to TPE

Old Apr 18, 2014, 4:55 am

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Originally Posted by Virginia Emery
exwannabe is disagreeing with sleeping right after boarding - I'm with him you should stay up as late as you can to adjust for the 12 hour time zone change

Eat dinner, stay up 5-6 hours, sleep, wake up for breakfast service before landing
I am with you on this. I love to take the TPAC red eye flights (when flying in J or F). I eat dinner, have a glass or two of good wine. Watch a move, read a book, whatever and then try to get 6+ hour of sleep before breakfast.

Most of these flights arrive early in the morning local time (5 - 6:30 AM). So I have just had a decent night's sleep and it is in the morning as I get off the plane. If I have to connect, I might get a bit of nap on the connecting flight.

It really helps me adjust for the time change faster than just about any other way. At least it works this way for my. As always, YMMV.
Old May 21, 2014, 8:01 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by cheltzel
I am with you on this. I love to take the TPAC red eye flights (when flying in J or F). I eat dinner, have a glass or two of good wine. Watch a move, read a book, whatever and then try to get 6+ hour of sleep before breakfast.

Most of these flights arrive early in the morning local time (5 - 6:30 AM). So I have just had a decent night's sleep and it is in the morning as I get off the plane. If I have to connect, I might get a bit of nap on the connecting flight.

It really helps me adjust for the time change faster than just about any other way. At least it works this way for my. As always, YMMV.
Makes sense. Seems like a good strategy and likely something I'll try.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.