Community
Wiki Posts
Search

are MH really this bad?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2014, 10:08 am

Originally Posted by NoY
Cancellation options? Seriously
What lounge did you use in DXB? Theoretically you could use any OW lounge, right?
Old Apr 11, 2014, 10:12 am

Programs: AA ExPlat HH Diamond
I have taken every timed flight between CGK-KUL, and each flight does offer a meal. Did you ask? The can't stand by the toilet rule was implemented in the last two to three weeks, I'm sure as a result of the 8 MAR incident.

When checking in at CGK, always ask for a pass to the Premiere Lounge instead of the Purah Indah. A much nicer lounge. I have NEVER been refused this request. The food better, atmosphere better, cleaner, recently renovated, and the internet works.

Service is hit or miss on MH. Ground service is where they need the most improvement. As for your coffee incident, did you ask why the service seemed to be selective? Are you sure he was drinking hot coffee out of the mug?

The First lounge in the Satellite terminal USE to have a really good buffet at all times of the day. My last two trips, I have noticed that it is much more sparse. Did you check to see if they would serve you food at the tables? I can't imagine they would say no.
Old Apr 11, 2014, 10:14 am

Programs: AA ExPlat HH Diamond
One more thing, you can also use the CX lounge, close to the MH lounges. The food there is ok, but can get very crowded right before the CX flight boards.
Old Apr 11, 2014, 11:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, GA PLAT, SQ Gold
Originally Posted by irishguy28
It's standard procedure on most competent airlines not to serve hot drinks during turbulence. This is also the reason passengers were told to sit down rather than using the washrooms.
That's fine they lose my business , I'll go Garuda or Thai , easy come easy go ...

Quote:

Originally Posted by walkingtall

I agree but I don't understand why she served the guy in front of me ,my point is that it you give to one , you should give to all or vica versa

The crew can use their discretion; the person served may have been known to the crew member. They cannot serve every passenger in those circumstances; that doesn't mean they can't serve one.

If you think BA service in Europe is bad, then you really have a very high standard.
Old Apr 11, 2014, 11:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, GA PLAT, SQ Gold
To be honest the kul - bkk was much better , I fly London - Jakarta every 2 weeks and I wouldn't book mh now as I there are are better options on cx and qr , even ba if I do an ex ams route , I also have to say that both Flights where half full or less , but in defence both flights where fine

If the service improved I would fly again , but for the moment maybe not.
Old Apr 11, 2014, 5:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by NoY
..I had the whole "you can’t wait by the toilet for security reasons" thing - what nonsense.
Pathetic.

Hello again....CX
I think the toilet issue is new due to the recent incident and that MH has stepped up security to "US standards".. where you may not hang around toilet areas and must sit at seat until the toilet is available.

With what has happened, I don't blame MH for doing that. And generally, everyone is still on edge over MH 370. So cut them some slack.

Edited: Remember the days of flying on US carriers post 9/11? You couldn't even stand up while aiircraft taxing without being yelled at to "SIT DOWN" !

Last edited by Guy Betsy; Apr 12, 2014 at 8:22 am
Old Apr 11, 2014, 5:39 pm

[QUOTE=NoY;22688052]
Originally Posted by TGflyergirl
Don't know about him, but I fly MH in J every single week (you're not the only one) - i agree it can be improved. Don't agree it's bad - i can think of MANY worse ways to fly.[/QUOTE]

In J? Please share...

To keep the topic on point with the OP's original comment -

1) i'll stick to KUL-CGK and KUL-BKK, and
2) to stick to your point about J only -

here's what i consider to be an inferior experience (either now, or in the past before they withdrew these services)

KUL-CGK

KU (awful, rude service, but the only way for me to spend a full day in CGK and still get home on friday night, even if a little late)
KL (disinterested crews doing a shuttle)
OD (rough around the edges - still lacking refinement)

To be fair: GA is better on this route.

KUL-BKK -
RJ (Timing up to BKK is the only saving grace as it leaves late enough - otherwise they are inconsistent at best)
ET (terrible on the rattly 763's - this shuttle flight somehow always has a deadheading tech and cabin crew making a lot of noise occupying half the J cabin)
MS (crew who chuck a meal in your face and disappear to the galley for ages till about 20 minutes before landing to take your tray away)
TG (when they ran the AB6 on the morning TG420 - admittedly this is gone)
LH (lost count of the number of times when i boarded early to find most of the cabin crew missing - they'd come streaming down from upstairs when their break time was over - back when it was 744 operated)
Old Apr 11, 2014, 7:30 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
I think the toilet issue is new due to the recent incident and that MH has stepped up security to "US standards".. where you may not hang around toilet areas and must sit at seat until the toilet is available.

With what has happened, I don't blame MH for doing that. And generally, everyone is still on edge over MH 370. So cut them some slack.

No problem with that - BUT tell the pax in advance what the deal is!! Don’t just bark at them “its not your turn” to p**s, FFS
Old Apr 11, 2014, 9:04 pm
Suspended

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA EXP
[QUOTE=TGflyergirl;22690914]
Originally Posted by NoY

To keep the topic on point with the OP's original comment -

1) i'll stick to KUL-CGK and KUL-BKK, and
2) to stick to your point about J only -

here's what i consider to be an inferior experience (either now, or in the past before they withdrew these services)
bla bla bla
The thing about these other carriers is they all admit they need improvements and have steadily worked up the chain- Garuda being the prime example. Sadly in the case of MH its just in the DNA of being MH...
Old Apr 12, 2014, 4:37 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
[QUOTE=ashkale;22691660]

The thing about these other carriers is they all admit they need improvements and have steadily worked up the chain- Garuda being the prime example. Sadly in the case of MH its just in the DNA of being MH...
Well said ^
Old Apr 12, 2014, 4:38 am
NoY

Originally Posted by eminere
What lounge did you use in DXB? Theoretically you could use any OW lounge, right?
The only OW lounge (BA) in T1 is closed until 7.30pm. They use the Maharba lounge instead - which is rammed full at that time.
Old Apr 12, 2014, 1:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Guy Betsy

Edited: Remember the days of flying on US carriers post 9/11? You couldn't even stand up while aiircraft taxing without being yelled at to "SIT DOWN" !
IME the USA security standard regarling lavatories is that a bunch of people cannot gather, especially around the most forward ones near the cockpit door. I've never been told not to wait there when I'm the only one. I also sometimes see several people waiting for lavatories located at the back of business class or at the lavatories near the second door, between FC and coach, on the 757. Of course, a lot depends on how nervous the crew are so YMMV.

OTOH on most flights I do see FAs using a card as a barricade and standing behind it watching everyone when pilots go in and out of the cockpit. I've also been told to stay back and not approach the front galley area or forward lavatory when a pilot is standing around chatting with FAs.
Old Apr 12, 2014, 8:26 pm

[QUOTE=ashkale;22691660]

Garuda - yes, i'll grant you that.

Don't lump KU and MS in there. If you really think they're better than MH - by all means, enjoy them. Don't know what to say but all the best to you and happy flying.
Old Apr 13, 2014, 5:03 am
Suspended

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA EXP
[QUOTE=TGflyergirl;22695603]
Originally Posted by ashkale

Garuda - yes, i'll grant you that.

Don't lump KU and MS in there. If you really think they're better than MH - by all means, enjoy them. Don't know what to say but all the best to you and happy flying.
I am reminded of the PBS ad,
MH to tgflyergirl: Our incompetence is glorified by users like you. We thank you.
Old Apr 13, 2014, 10:21 am

Programs: SPG Platinum
It's a joke that MH still directs J pax in HKG to the Plaza Premium lounge. They should contract with CX, but for distribution purposes the new QF lounge would be a good idea.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.