EVA RL class meal times

Old Mar 30, 2014, 11:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan, Flying Blue Gold, Accor Silver, Hilton Diamond
EVA RL class meal times

Does anyone know if you can select the time to be served dinner on the flight? I have. 13 hr flight from TPE to CDG leaving just before midnight and will likely eat my dinner in the lounge. By the time the cabin is ready for meal service it could be beyond 1am and I would rather try to catch some sleep. Can you have the meal served at another time or would I just have to live with their snacks mid flight?
Old Mar 30, 2014, 9:28 pm

Programs: EVA Diamond, Hilton Gold, National Exec
Originally Posted by wysiwyg
Does anyone know if you can select the time to be served dinner on the flight? I have. 13 hr flight from TPE to CDG leaving just before midnight and will likely eat my dinner in the lounge. By the time the cabin is ready for meal service it could be beyond 1am and I would rather try to catch some sleep. Can you have the meal served at another time or would I just have to live with their snacks mid flight?
Yes, you can have your main meal anytime in PL/RL cabin. Just advice the FA when she comes around confirming your dinner choice that you would like to have your meal later. Call the FA whenever you are ready for your meal.

I normally have my light dinner in the lounge, and have my in-flight main meal after waking up around T+5 hours, better than their snacks.
Old Mar 31, 2014, 2:49 am
Suspended

Programs: Too many to list
Dinner in the lounge ? I would hardly call the offerings by EVA enough to warrant calling it dinner.
Old Mar 31, 2014, 7:54 am

Madhop review briefly shows dinning options http://www.modhop.com/video-eva-air-...nge-taipei-tpe
Old Apr 2, 2014, 3:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan, Flying Blue Gold, Accor Silver, Hilton Diamond
Thanks everyone.. Compared to air Canada maple leaf lounges, their food offering are pretty good! There's a couple of other lounges at TPE, so might explore their offering as well.

After considering, it might be better to eat at the normal time and sleep afterwards rather than try to have my main meal at wake up, when my body will expect breakfast....
Old Apr 3, 2014, 8:50 am

The Eva Lounge food at Taipei Taoyuan airport is not bad, IMHO.
And when I fly the JFK/Tpe route that leaves well after midnight, I ask FA to hold my dinner until I get up; never a problem.
Old Apr 6, 2014, 11:34 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
There food offerings is like going to a Chinese buffet, if you're not used to eating traditional Chinese food than you think they have awesome lounge food.
Typical fried rice and dumplings.

Last time I rode eva Business they didn't give me an option of when I wanted to eat. Felt like mass production rather than being the "best class of the airline"

Eva does have good ice cream and A++ service!
Old Apr 7, 2014, 5:54 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus, SAS EBG, QR Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I'm flying BR31 JFK-TPE in June. It's a 16 hour flight that leaves New York at 1.45am. Do they serve a full dinner after takeoff or just a light snack?

Also is it better to pre-order my meal or should I stick with what's offered onboard? I've used BTC on Singapore Airlines two times and the quality has been somewhat inconsistent.
Old Apr 13, 2014, 6:09 pm

Programs: IHG Gold
Edit-cancelled.
Old Apr 13, 2014, 8:37 pm

Programs: BR Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by LH4116
I'm flying BR31 JFK-TPE in June. It's a 16 hour flight that leaves New York at 1.45am. Do they serve a full dinner after takeoff or just a light snack?

Also is it better to pre-order my meal or should I stick with what's offered onboard? I've used BTC on Singapore Airlines two times and the quality has been somewhat inconsistent.
it is a full dinner if you want it, but you can also ask them for the "expedited" service where they will give you a one tray service with just a starter and main.

as for booking online, the good thing about EVA is that you can actually see what the menu items are going to be on board. when you log into the meal choosing system, you will see some entrees with asterisks (*) next to them. these are the ones that are available only online. the ones that have no asterisks are the choices (usually 3) that are going to be on the menu.

i find that the catering out of NYC is pretty decent, especially for the Asian food options. if you like asian food i think you can consider booking online.
Old Sep 14, 2014, 8:16 am
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club, Dorchester Diamond Club, Travel Leaders
Bringing this back to the top… I'm flying on EVA Air in a week from SFO to TPE (1:40 a.m. departure) in Royal Laurel class.

What's anyone's experience with:

(1) having them hold your meal until you wake up
(2) the best menu choices
Old Sep 14, 2014, 7:28 pm

Programs: UA-1K MM, AA-Gold, DL-Silver, AS-MVP
Originally Posted by DavidO
Bringing this back to the top… I'm flying on EVA Air in a week from SFO to TPE (1:40 a.m. departure) in Royal Laurel class.

1. When they take or confirm your order, they will ask you if you want to be woken up for the meal. I assume you can ask them to hold your meal, not sure for how long.
2. You can pre-order and select your meal online up to 24h before your flight. There are more choices on online. I liked the lobster, I had the wagyu beef on LAX-TPE a few hours ago and it wasn't good.
Old Sep 14, 2014, 10:41 pm

Programs: EVA Diamond, Hilton Gold, National Exec
Originally Posted by DavidO

As mentioned previously, you may ask the FA to hold your main meal until you are ready to eat. I normally have my main meal at T+4/5hours. From SFO, they offer snack mid-way if you are awake, and they will start serving Refreshing meal around T+10hours.

Pre-Order menu normally has 5 other choices for the Main meal.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.