BR to TG transfer lounge

Old Mar 15, 2014, 2:30 pm
Original Poster

BR to TG transfer lounge

I have a 8 hours layover in TPE ... flying BR/TG. What are my lounge choices with a shower. I will be coming of a BR business class flight from YYZ. Arrival in TPE at 05:00 depart at 12:50
Old Mar 15, 2014, 5:11 pm

Programs: EVA Diamond, Hilton Gold, National Exec
Originally Posted by concol
I have a 8 hours layover in TPE ... flying BR/TG. What are my lounge choices with a shower. I will be coming of a BR business class flight from YYZ. Arrival in TPE at 05:00 depart at 12:50
If you have *G, normally you have access to EVA Star Lounge which has shower facilities. However, the Star Lounge may be closed for renovation, so I have no idea where they will direct you. Infinity Lounge is normally for outgoing BR business class. The SQ Silverkris may only be open in the afternoon.

**The Renovation Notice of EVA AIR Lounge at Taoyuan International Airport
To improve facilities and service quality, we are renovating our EVA AIR Lounge at Taoyuan International Airport. Sections will be closed from March 13 to June 30, 2014. Infinity MileageLands Diamond Card members may be invited to The INFINITY area of EVA AIR Lounge; Gold Card members may be invited to use SINGAPORE AIRLINES SILVERKRIS Lounge while this works is in progress. Please excuse us for any inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.
Old Mar 15, 2014, 8:58 pm
Original Poster

thanks ... i have no status.. just flying BR business class and TG business class.

Flight is April 12 .. so will be in renovation time period.
Old Mar 15, 2014, 10:14 pm

thanks ... i have no status.. just flying BR business class and TG business class.

There is a TG VIP Lounge on the 4th Floor of Terminal 1, however most of the reviews were not favourable. You will have access to this lounge flying TG Business class TPE-BKK.

Thai Airways Royal Silk Lounge TPE
Old Mar 16, 2014, 3:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Have you looked at

http://www.staralliance.com/en/benef...lounge-finder/

The SQ lounge is likely your only option to grab a shower.
Old Mar 16, 2014, 11:30 am

Programs: Delta PlM, 1M
As I read the BR quote, it says SECTIONS will be closed, and pax MAY be redirected. If it is just a capacity reduction issue, you will be there early enough that you should get in. So there is certainly hope that it works for you.

The lounge had a full renovation just a year or so ago, so it is likely some touch up work.
Old Mar 16, 2014, 4:22 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Was in TPE last month. BKK-TPE-YYZ in EVA Business Class. Went to two EVA lounges. Star and Infinity lounges. There are some other EVA lounges but not for just poor J people, I guess.

While I didn't use it, the Infinity lounge supposedly has showers. I will check them out in 4 weeks!
Old Mar 16, 2014, 11:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It is strange why they are renovating the lounge - didn't they do this less about a year ago? http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other...med-again.html

Both the Star (turn left) and Infinity (turn right, C passengers only) sides have shower. The Infinity side has toilet in the shower and the Star side does not. SQ lounge has a shower or two, I think.

TG is in T1 but they actually connected air-side.
Old Mar 17, 2014, 12:19 am

The OP has no status. Since he is departing on TG business class, the only lounge option seems to TG own lounge near the old T1 EVA lounge.
Old Mar 17, 2014, 5:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by asiadxer
The OP has no status. Since he is departing on TG business class, the only lounge option seems to TG own lounge near the old T1 EVA lounge.
That is incorrect. As per *A rules OP has access to any *A carrier lounge.
Old Mar 17, 2014, 3:07 pm

Originally Posted by dsquared37
That is incorrect. As per *A rules OP has access to any *A carrier lounge.
I stand corrected, OP can access to any *A carrier lounge. Any EVA lounge will give you access to shower, at 5:00 am they may be the only open lounges.
Old Mar 17, 2014, 7:41 pm

Programs: SQ KF, A3 Gold, CI Dynasty, UA MileagePlus, ANA AMC, HH Gold, M&C Gold, SPG Gold
You may give TG lounge a miss. Nothing there at all. Some sandwiches, fruits and snacks. Limited non-alcoholic drinks and only beer available. No washroom.

This is from my last visit from last Aug.
Old Mar 18, 2014, 9:09 am
Original Poster

Thanks ...

This is why I love Flyertalk ... thanks for all the great responses. Good to know that the TG lounge is a a miss and I will be able to grab a shower in the BR lounge.

Transfer is April 12 - will update on my experience.

thanks ...
Old Mar 19, 2014, 6:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by RCTP
You may give TG lounge a miss. Nothing there at all. Some sandwiches, fruits and snacks. Limited non-alcoholic drinks and only beer available. No washroom.

This is from my last visit from last Aug.
All the TG out station lounges I've been to (barring HKG) have been poor. However about 2 years ago there was whiskey on offer in the TPE lounge, odd that it is no longer the case.
Old Mar 21, 2014, 12:41 am
Suspended

Programs: Too many to list
There are public showers in the T1 transit area, you can easy walk it as I guess you will be landing into T2. There is a monorail link but the walk really is short. The showers are located near the area in T1 transit close to the desks where you can collect duty free you bought before departing TPE.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.